New here, taking cross-country trip in December

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone -

Found out about this forum from a Google search. Just joined this forum since I'm going to take my first cross-country trip on Amtrak in December from Los Angeles to New York City via the Southwest Chief and the Lake Shore Limited. Already excited, already got my ticket and so I'm preparing for the trip.

I'm an infrequent Amtrak rider, I've last ridden Amtrak in 2009 riding the Cascades from Vancouver to Seattle (no Talgo though, boo...) and the Pacific Surfliner from Los Angeles to San Diego and back in 2008. I've also been on the Northeast Corridor from NYC to Philadelphia in 1993 (Got to ride on the Swedish X2000 train that time, lucky me!) and the Coast Starlight from LA to Seattle and back in 1986. Also ridden on intercity passenger trains in England, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Malaysia and Singapore.

Trains are not new territory for me, I'm also a model railroader (N scale), and a frequent rider of rail transit (live three blocks from a subway station here in L.A. and have been on numerous transit systems all over the world.

Look forward to interacting and learning here.

Metro Red Line

Back