Some "Class" Returning to LAUS?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto! This is most certainly a shoe shine stand from.back in the day when gentlemen traveled in dress clothes and would have their shoes shined daily!

Is it still active???

First noticed it yesterday. I walk past that spot twice a day on my commute! It appears new and the seats are in the same style as the waiting room seats. Next to the restrooms seems like a good place for it. For a movie? Perhaps. I'll watch for any activity in the coming days.

Arguably the biggest news from that blog entry: the long-vacant Fred Harvey room has been leased out for a gastropub.

Only problem is that the restauranteurs who are leasing the space also own Cole's, which is the French dip archrival of AU's beloved Philippe's.

You can bet that the old Harvey House space occupied by the gastropub will have high rent hence prices will be high! (similar to Traxx!)

Philippe still has reasonable prices for great food! I've eaten @ Coles and its good but pricier than Philippe and farther away in a sketchy area with street people, especially @ night!

No question: LAUS is a gem!

I could not determine where the Harvey House Restaurant had been. What did I miss seeing?

I thought I might have lunch while waiting between trains at Traxx, but the menu did not appeal. I did enjoy an excellent Subway sandwich from the concession in the station along with a bag of chips and a soft drink in the Metropolitan Lounge.

If you go out the by Traxx Lounge to the south (left when coming down the waiting room from the platforms), there is a breezeway/arcade, and the old Harvey House is at the other end of that breezeway. When you out that door, you will looking a a big arched window (like the ones in the old ticketing wing) with the word "RESTAURANT" about 2/3rds of way up that big window

If you go out the by Traxx Lounge to the south (left when coming down the waiting room from the platforms), there is a breezeway/arcade, and the old Harvey House is at the other end of that breezeway. When you out that door, you will looking a a big arched window (like the ones in the old ticketing wing) with the word "RESTAURANT" about 2/3rds of way up that big window
I really need to have my eyes checked again. I was where you described and went out the door you described and I did not see that. Darn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back