luggage check in times

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , apologies if this thread is listed elsewhere!

this is our 3rd amtrak longhaul journey from the u.k having previously enjoyed the chicago to seattle , empire builder and memphis to new orleans , city of new orleans journeys.

this time we are travelling from lax to chicago which has an early evening departure as opposed to an early morning departure.

we have a midday hotel check out and note that the train departs lax at 6.15pm so ideally we'd like to check our baggage in early so we can enjoyed our last day in l.a without the hassle of carrying our baggage around with us .

do you folk know if its in order to check our 2 suitcases in , say , 4-6 hours before departure?

regards

brent

Hi , thanks for the prompt reply that's much appreciated and yes we have booked a bedroom for the journey but I haven't heard of the metropolitan lounge until now , that sounds great . Thank you once again.

The Metropolitan Lounge in LA is a recent innovation, so you're not too far behind on the times. When you arrive in Chicago you also have the option to not claim your luggage right away before you jet off to your hotel. It's also worth noting, depending on the hotel you stay at they may offer to day-check your bags for you as well. If you're staying at a full service hotel (with a bellman), they typically will day-check bags for you.

Yes, you can check you luggage in anytime within 24 hours of your trip! And if you have a sleeper departing LA, you can use the Metropolitan Lounge at LA and leave your carry on luggage there.
Nice to know that if my train leaves at 5PM, I can check the bags 3 hours later at 8Pm because that's within 24 hours of my trip. :giggle:

Yes, you can check you luggage in anytime within 24 hours of your trip! And if you have a sleeper departing LA, you can use the Metropolitan Lounge at LA and leave your carry on luggage there.
Nice to know that if my train leaves at 5PM, I can check the bags 3 hours later at 8Pm because that's within 24 hours of my trip. :giggle:
But of course that would mean that you missed your train so I don't see why you would be checking your luggage to begin with.

The idea being that you can run your luggage down to the station the evening before and not deal with it the next day.

But of course that would mean that you missed your train so I don't see why you would be checking your luggage to begin with.
I guess that went over your head. I was subtly kidding "traveler" about not correctly putting the more meaningful "Yes, you can check you luggage in anytime up to 24 hours before your trip!" That's why the :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back