Change in Fare!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ciship

So excited! Noticed a change in fare this morning on my already existing reservation from Kansas City to New Orleans.

I originally paid $653 for 2 of us. Coach from KC to CHI and then a sleeper from CHI to New Orleans.

Today, Amtrak adjusted the rate down to only $356.80.

Savings of $296.20

Super stoked to say the least!

Fares changing all the time as people books and cancels reservations.

So excited! Noticed a change in fare this morning on my already existing reservation from Kansas City to New Orleans.

I originally paid $653 for 2 of us. Coach from KC to CHI and then a sleeper from CHI to New Orleans.

Today, Amtrak adjusted the rate down to only $356.80.

Savings of $296.20

Super stoked to say the least!
Wow! That's a HUGE savings. Congatulations!

I believe it is a requirement that anyone saving money and boasting about it on this forum must contribute 10% to the other members. You can PM me with the money and I'll be sure to share it with the rest of the members. They will, of course, have to pick up their share. ;)

Check out the fares on the Crescent ATL to NOL. That used to be cheap for a roomette but lowest I could find this morning is $254. Some days a bedroom is less. Yet significantly cheaper if you board a few miles north of Atlanta in Gainesville??

Question: will Amtrak credit or refund the OP for the difference on this lower fare without further action? Or does OP need to contact Amtrak to obtain this?

Question: will Amtrak credit or refund the OP for the difference on this lower fare without further action? Or does OP need to contact Amtrak to obtain this?
You have to call. That's why it's a good idea to keep checking fares, even after you purchase your ticket.

A bedroom on the Crescent is quite often cheaper than a roomette, south of Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back