Select plus guesting someone into ml in Chicago

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that as a select plus I can bring somebody into the lounge. What if I'm not traveling and they are?

This person is going out on 30 in coach. 30 has been leaving late. I would like to meet the person for dinner and then guest them into the lounge. I would hang out for a bit, and then leave. He would have the pass that he received from the lounge agent. Is this unethical or a violation of amtrak procedures? If so I would not do it.

I know about guest passes but am not sure where mine are.

Thank you.

I personally don't see a problem with it, as as long as he keeps his pass from the lounge agent, he should be fine.

I've never 'put' someone on the train in CHI as a S+ but have in NYP including giving a friend who was going coach on the LSL the 'usher' treatment. The lounge knew what I was doing, the helpful lounge agent also printed his tickets, he had a throughway connection that wasn't eTicketable. I did wait with him until the group left the lounge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. No problem in Club Acelas. But that does not mean there won't be a problem in Chicago. After all Chicago initially did not even recognize a Select+ Status until someone read them the riot act.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Back