Recovering Arrival Times from Dixieland?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderson

Engineer
Would it be possible to recover the station arrival times from Dixieland for 92/28? Last night's NB Star was running extremely fast...we had lengthy holds at Deland (10 min or so; where I boarded), Hamlet (15 minutes; I actually thought we were late to Camden!), Southern Pines (about 5-10 minutes), and Petersburg (15 minutes) due to an utter dearth of freight meets.

A fast train!?! Are you sure it was Amtrak!?! :eek: :D
You're not the only one to make that joke;)

The answer seems to be that CSX sort of shuts down on Sundays, so all the meets Amtrak has to deal with most days vanish. It is not unlike trains making up time on Christmas Day or other low-activity days (though the sheer amount of unused padding/meet times was...impressive).

Arrival and departure times are already recorded for Hamlet. I set things up to record both times for SOP and PTB. You might have to wait a couple of days for them to all get recorded, though. The train is almost to NYP. After that the housekeeping routines will fill in the times, after midnight, over the next couple of days.

jb.

PS I forced the system to go ahead and record all of those times before the train got to NYP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back