Help! first time riding train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Katie

I want to ride the train tomorrow from stockton, CA to madera CA and i'll be going alone..it's my first time ever going by myself. I'm scared I will miss the exit or not know where to go to get off the train! help!

Please do a little research and study the timetable before your trip, so you will have an idea of the route you are following and what station stops the train will make. Please don't be scared, but make an effort to be prepared! It is good that you asked for advice and I hope you enjoy your trip.

No need to fear. After you do it once you should be very easy about doing it again or other trips to other places. Get a schedule and keep up with where you are. That way you reduce you chance of missing your stop to nothing. You did not say which train or what time. If you do, we can fill in the blanks for you if you have any difficulty doing it yourself.

I like to memorize the 2 stops before I am to get off ... then I know how much time I have to get ready before my stop.

The time between stations, that is listed on the timetable, gives you a good indication of the time you have left.

Have a great trip!

Last edited by a moderator:
"All stops/stations are announced before the train arrives, and again after the arrival."

Not always the case - depending on day and crew. It is always best to try and be prepared. That being said - from what I have seen - missing your stop is rare and shouldn't cause undue stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back