De-railed...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caravanman

Engineer
I have been posting a few notes about my visit to America, and have enjoyed the feedback.

I will just be driving a car and touring in the south west for the next fortnight, so feel unsure whether to continue with my posts...?

I make notes for myself, which I use part of as my AU posts, so I can happily continue that, and just re-start posting when things become train related again... or continue posting travel info which will not be train related. Any thoughts?

Ed :cool:

Let's here all about your impressions of the Southwest. See what interesting train scenes you might come across. If you go to Phoenix, you might want to pass by the old Phoenix station on West Harrison Street. The Amtrak does not come through here, but the last I saw the station is in excellent condition, but used by a cell phone company sprouting all kinds of antennas.

Ed - the forum title for this area is Travelogues/Trip Reports. Doesn't imply it has to be on a train - Report away!!

Me too Ed, travel is interesting however you do it and enjoy your view of the world.

Haven't travelled in the South West very much but found these places interesting when we were there, for not the obvious reasons...

Deming, NM - an everyday town which was interesting for being that

Tombstone, AZ - is cowboy Disney but done so well and stuff really happened there

Del Rio, TX - both sides of the border have a good atmosphere for different reasons

Los Alamos, NM - standing next to and touching the spare / replica WWII Atom Bombs was one of the most moving moments of my life

Hoover Dam, NV - so monumental and worth the tour inside with it's Art Deco fittings

Antelope Canyon, AZ - never visited as didn't know about it when we were at the dam (nearby), but just had a post card from experienced travelling friends who called it one of the nicest places on earth! which from these people is a huge recommendation

Hope it all goes how you hope, look forward to your posts.

Bon chance

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to read your impression of the US southwest. There is nothing like it in the UK. In fact, for myself having grown up in the northeastern US, my 6 year of living in the southwestern US was quite different for me.

Back