42 / 43 Service Disruption - 09/20/2014

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be why my kid was in Cleveland today about 11 a.m. on the freeway and said she "saw the train, and saw in the dining car as it went by---"----I thought WOW, the Lake Shore Limited or the Capitol Limited is running VERY late ! So sounds like it was the Lakeshore.....

Ooops....if it was on the way to Pittsburgh that would be the Capitol!

This may be why my kid was in Cleveland today about 11 a.m. on the freeway and said she "saw the train, and saw in the dining car as it went by---"----I thought WOW, the Lake Shore Limited or the Capitol Limited is running VERY late ! So sounds like it was the Lakeshore.....
No that's not why. The Lake Shore and Capitol Limiteds don't use the Pittsburgh Line. Only Amtrak train that uses it is indeed the Pennsylvanian. From other forums 42 was right behind 18N by a few blocks. 42 was turned at Galitzin and sent back to PGH and folks were bussed to HAR.

From what it seems the mains could take a while to clear and repair.
It must have been cleared. #43 (9/21) ran all the way to Pittsburgh tonight. However, #42(9/21) is shown as a service disruption, so #42 passengers from west of Harrisburg may have been bustituted to HAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back