Parking at Portage WI for the Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Henry Kisor

I can't find the original thread, but earlier in the summer I asked if parking in the Canadian Pacific lot that abuts the Amtrak shelter at Portage, Wis., was safe. I was assured it probably was. Now that the three-week trip is over and I came back to a car that hadn't been touched, I can attest to the safety of this lot. There are always lots of cars in it. I called the Portage PD and gave them my license plate number and was assured that they patrol the lot several times a day. Those in northern and central Wisconsin as well as northwestern Illinois who may be thinking of taking the Empire Builder can rest assured their cars will be safe in that lot. (And it's free.)

I can't find the original thread, but earlier in the summer I asked if parking in the Canadian Pacific lot that abuts the Amtrak shelter at Portage, Wis., was safe. I was assured it probably was. Now that the three-week trip is over and I came back to a car that hadn't been touched, I can attest to the safety of this lot. There are always lots of cars in it. I called the Portage PD and gave them my license plate number and was assured that they patrol the lot several times a day. Those in northern and central Wisconsin as well as northwestern Illinois who may be thinking of taking the Empire Builder can rest assured their cars will be safe in that lot. (And it's free.)
The same is true of the Columbus WI. station. I've parked there for two week periods without trouble. In addition the station is staffed during the day and handles Checked Baggage. It is the stop just east of Portage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back