Long time lurker, first time forum member

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertDude

Train Attendant
Hey everybody! I've been reading many threads on this forum for a while now. I've been a believer in transit since I started college some years ago, but lately let's just say I've become a little obsessed with rail transit. I'm fortunate to live in a city with a good light rail system, and I'll be taking Amtrak when I come back from visiting family for Thanksgiving.

I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm (I don't want to be one of those newbies who comes on here with wild ideas about new train routes everywhere), but I must say I get a kick out of figuring out how to make certain trips using rail (or at least using rail for part of the journey). Just yesterday I explained to my sister how her mother-in-law could easily use Amtrak for a leg of her trip to visit my sister's family. While much needs to be done in terms of rail advocacy and investment on a larger level, I think one of the best things we can do is to help familiarize people with the rail system we have and encourage them to use it.

I've already learned so much from you guys from reading your threads. I'm hoping to take more Amtrak trips in the future, or at least find ways to incorporate rail travel into my trips as much as possible.

Thanks everybody!

Welcome, you can probably get the answer to any rail question here. If you want to put forth a theory, dream or even a fantasy I am sure that it will be discussed.

Enjoy your stay.

Back