Empire Builder 2015 summer timetable

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CLEARFORK

I recall arriving at Whitefish (westbound) around 9 PM a few years ago. Present timetable has it at 10:26. Also, departs eastbound at 4:46 AM. What are the chances that the times will be more "civilized" summer 2015 after the track work has been completed?

The track work will not be completed until late 2016 according to BNSF contacts. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether Amtrak and BNSF go back to the "old" schedule. Even with the 3 hour padding #8 has been arriving 3-4 hours late on average in CHI throughout the summer on most days.

Okay....many thanks. Looks like East Glacier has better times for arriving and departing from the east.....

Don't forget, track work is not the only issue on the Empire Builder. While the added double track will lighten the congestion a bit, it won't completely. I'm sure Amtrak will come out with another revision or three to the schedule to accommodate the heavy traffic problems in the not so distant future.

We will be on 27 next June with a final destination of San Luis Obispo on 11. I'm glad AGR let us overnight in Portland.I wouldn't really mind an extremely late train. It would be nice to have breakfast while going through Glacier. As long as we have our roomette and meals I'm a happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back