Hello everyone

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strangebrew

Train Attendant
I've been lurking for a little while, I thought I would step out from the shadows. I have a short trip planned this summer on the zephyr with my son from SLC-GJT. Looking forward to riding Amtrak again, it has been a while!

I work in light rail operations for the local transit authority, and I firmly believe dedicated passenger rail between the larger cities would be great for our infrastructure. I have created a petition @ whitehouse.gov if anyone is interested. If I have broken any rules by posting that, I apologize.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/make-high-speed-rail-construction-top-priority/hB9sHt51

Well, someone else will have to decide if posting the petition breaks any rules, but I doubt that it does.

Anyway, I signed it. Don't know why I can't see my signature added to the total (you have to confirm by clicking a link in an email, which I did).

Not holding my breath, it would be nice to get an update from the administration though. It feels like all the talk about creating jobs through that HSR infrastructure idea went out the window. Thanks for helping and sharing the link!

Back