Steamtown fall excursions posted

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeRids

Service Attendant
Not sure if anyone is following this or not, but Steamtown posted their summer excursion schedule and tickets are now available. It can be found at

http://www.nps.gov/stea/planyourvisit/loader.cfm?csModule=security/getfile&pageid=529317,

As you can see there is quite an extensive list of trips this year! Also, while I don't believe this is advertised, on some trips (at least the one I am taking) you can purchase, at a modest additional fare, seats on the Lehigh Valley 353 business car! You have to request this when ordering. Happy travels.

I hate to admit this. You are all going to be ashamed of me. I grew up in PA, actually worked for a company on the land where Steamtown is now located, and still live only 2 hrs away but I've never visited. :excl: I'll have to try and remedy that soon.

I hate to admit this. You are all going to be ashamed of me. I grew up in PA, actually worked for a company on the land where Steamtown is now located, and still live only 2 hrs away but I've never visited. :excl: I'll have to try and remedy that soon.
I've lived in the big state of DE for 40+ years and still have not visited a lot of places here. Don't feel bad. We tend to have a mentality of "Since I live nearby, I'll get there some day. Let me visit far-a-way places first." What helps is having friends or relatives visit from afar and then we have excuses to show them our area (and see things for the first time). :)

Back