Sky Mall arrives on Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCL

Engineer
I was riding to work when I noticed it. Sky Mall (or what they now call Travel Mall since it's terrestrial) now has their catalogs placed on Amtrak trains. It's clearly for Amtrak, with the Amtrak logo in the corner and a disclosure at the bottom that you're welcome to take it.

So anyone need a towel holder with 4-port USB charger and a wine-stopper top? This was on the cover.

205537976dw.jpg

Woohoo! Now I don't have to wait to be on a flight to look at ridiculous things I don't need.

How about the plastic replica of an Rapa Nui (Easter Island) head?

203361483dw.jpg

Anywhere from $29.95 for a tiny one to $995 for the six foot high version.

But can you earn AGR points for it? :D :giggle:
http://shop.amtrakguestrewards.com/department-stores/skymall

SkyMall

4 Points / $1

SkyMall is a multi-channel, direct marketer offering high-quality, innovative merchandise from top direct marketers and manufacturers through its SkyMall catalog and web site, skymall.com. The SkyMall catalog is seen by approximately 88% of all domestic air passengers reaching more than 650 million air travelers annually. SkyMall also offers turn-key merchandise and fulfillment solutions for loyalty marketing programs. The SkyMall brand is almost universally known among affluent and well-educated travelers who are receptive to innovative, unique products.

Purchase Conditions

Please note: no rewards are given on purchases of gift cards.

I was riding to work when I noticed it. Sky Mall (or what they now call Travel Mall since it's terrestrial) now has their catalogs placed on Amtrak trains. It's clearly for Amtrak, with the Amtrak logo in the corner and a disclosure at the bottom that you're welcome to take it.
They've had the "Travel Mall" catalog on Amtrak for quite some time -- at least a few years. Maybe you've just always been in seats where the person before you took it?

I feel like it really should be called "Ground Mall" for Amtrak purposes. :D

They've had the "Travel Mall" catalog on Amtrak for quite some time -- at least a few years. Maybe you've just always been in seats where the person before you took it?

I feel like it really should be called "Ground Mall" for Amtrak purposes. :D
I ride Capitol Corridor most of the time. I've never seen it there. It was in one of the pockets for all the security/promotional flyers and schedules.

Maybe it shows up more on the LD routes?

Admit it, everyone. If you had Bill Gates' money, you'd buy most of those things, if only to see if they are useful or fun as they are made out to be.

And who wouldn't want an Easter Island replica monument!

Then again, Bill doesn't take Amtrak. He probably flies by private plane. If he did take Amtrak, it would be in a private car so he could carry his cat waterfall (and cat) on the train.

Funny thing, with all this Sky Mall discussion (and my Googling Sky Mall to find a photo of the life-size big foot lawn sculpture), AdSense is now hitting me with Sky Mall ads everywhere I go. I have to say that browsing through that catalog is a fun way to kill time on a flight.

I've found that SkyMall catalog items look more appealing when experiencing the lower oxygen levels in an airplane. When I took a catalog, and looked at it back on the ground, I didn't think I wanted anything anymore.

Funny thing, with all this Sky Mall discussion (and my Googling Sky Mall to find a photo of the life-size big foot lawn sculpture), AdSense is now hitting me with Sky Mall ads everywhere I go. I have to say that browsing through that catalog is a fun way to kill time on a flight.
Especially when stuck on an AVOD less Delta 757.

Those kitty water fountains are great, but we have a less expensive version. Cats like "fresh" water and will often beg us to run the faucets. Since they don't pay the water bill, we compromised with a fountain.

I will confess to buying a "Star Wars bridge of the Millennium Falcon" sunshield (it's printed with Luke, Han, et al.) from the online version of skymall to use in my car.

And those cat fountains - not necessarily the expensive ones - are good; most cats actually prefer running water to drink.

Those kitty water fountains are great, but we have a less expensive version. Cats like "fresh" water and will often beg us to run the faucets. Since they don't pay the water bill, we compromised with a fountain.
...and they have to start contributing to the bills? I tell my cat to get a job at least once a day.
I really hope I can scrounge up a catalogue on the CZ this June.

Edit: me English bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
...and they have to start contributing to the bills? I tell my cat to get a job at least once a day.
No. :) So far, they're still living rent-free. They provide much-needed stress relief and amusement, so we let them get away with it.

It's true, someone's gotta be the one to sit around and be cute. I just wish that "someone" were me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back