Limited number of AGR tickets?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Today I checked on a trip for Nov. on the Crescent. Sleepers were available both directions. Then I went to AGR, and it said none were available, only coach seats. Has AGR begun to limit the number of tickets available for AGR on each train?

Today I checked on a trip for Nov. on the Crescent. Sleepers were available both directions. Then I went to AGR, and it said none were available, only coach seats. Has AGR begun to limit the number of tickets available for AGR on each train?
I don't think so, but unless Amtrak is booking enuff revenue from the AGR point sleeper-redemptions, they SHUD capacity-control sleepers, and other often-sold out trains.

I agree with Oregon Pioneer that you may have tried to book an AGR Sleeper Award on-line but you have to call to do this!

I Disagree with rrdude on Blocking or Limiting AGR Awards except on Blackout Days! You're best Customers should get

priority service!

Yeah, I was on line. :huh:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It would be very helpful if the website stated such. I didn't see a thing that indicated sleepers must be done over the phone.

I'm with the majority posts--take care of your best customers.

I agree with Oregon Pioneer that you may have tried to book an AGR Sleeper Award on-line but you have to call to do this!

I Disagree with rrdude on Blocking or Limiting AGR Awards except on Blackout Days! You're best Customers should get

priority service!
I would bet most redeeming for AGR awards, are not necessarily their "best customers", and may not even pay to ride, just use points only-If it wasn't for some paid business trips, all of my travel would be on points earned primarily (95%) from non-rail fares. Between hotel programs, rental cars, credit cards, etc, its possible to earn way more AGR points than can be used! (well, almost...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back