Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

amtrak humor

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 striker64

striker64

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:06 AM

Recently we rode the Northeast Regional and stopped at Newark Airport. The conductor announced it and said, "Newark Airport. If you really want to get off a train to go to an airport, there's one here."

Upon arriving at Penn Station, something along the lines of "We have arrived in beautiful Penn Station, New York, New York. Between 31st and 33rd St, and 7th and 8th Ave. Upon exiting the train, watch your step over the cavernous gap between the train and platform."

A nice bit of brevity.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

#22 trainman74

trainman74

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

A nice bit of brevity.

Seems more like levity than brevity to me!

#23 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,942 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

Some of the Conductors on the TE between SAS and FTW are known for their witty announcements such as when Approaching a Stop will, for example, announce "Taylor Texas, Last Call!" even before stopping @ the Station!😊

On the Sunset Route between SAS and LAX I've heard "Alpine, next stop.This is a Fresh Air/Smoking stop, but stay Trainside and don't wander off. Next Train is in Three Days if you miss this one!"😄
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#24 Chey

Chey

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:North American passenger trains, especially Amtrak and VIA

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

A train operating in joint trackage rights territory called the dispatcher to compare watches and the time. Dispatcher answers "it depends-if you're CSX it's 0932. If you're NS, it's 9:32 AM. If you're Amtrak, it's Tuesday.

Funny!

Edited by Chey, 11 January 2018 - 06:48 PM.

#25 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

My train was on time.

*rimshot*
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

#26 LookingGlassTie

LookingGlassTie

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Some of the Conductors on the TE between SAS and FTW are known for their witty announcements such as when Approaching a Stop will, for example, announce "Taylor Texas, Last Call!" even before stopping @ the Station!

On the Sunset Route between SAS and LAX I've heard "Alpine, next stop.This is a Fresh Air/Smoking stop, but stay Trainside and don't wander off. Next Train is in Three Days if you miss this one!"

Now that's funny!!

"And you know that notion just crossed my mind............"

#27 Steve4031

Steve4031

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,371 posts
  • Interests:Riding Trains Often!!

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

Some of the Conductors on the TE between SAS and FTW are known for their witty announcements such as when Approaching a Stop will, for example, announce "Taylor Texas, Last Call!" even before stopping @ the Station!

On the Sunset Route between SAS and LAX I've heard "Alpine, next stop.This is a Fresh Air/Smoking stop, but stay Trainside and don't wander off. Next Train is in Three Days if you miss this one!"

Now that's funny!!

It probably wasn’t so funny to the lady on my sunset limited who got off to use the bathroom in the station in Del Rio iirc. She got left. Heard people talking about it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

#28 Shortline

Shortline

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

My train was on time.

*rimshot*

Not gonna cut it. Good humor, usually starts with at least a basis of truth to be relatable!

Edited by Shortline, 13 January 2018 - 02:34 PM.

Broadway Limited, Ann Rutledge, Misouri Mule, Misouri River Runner, San Diegan, Surfliner, Empire Builder, Sunset Limited, Crescent, Texas Eagle, Blue Water, Wolverine, Pennsylvanian, 3 Rivers, Hiawatha, Heartland Flyer, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Lake Shore Limited, Capitol Limited, Northeast Regional, Silver Star, Silver Meteor, Downeaster, City of New Orleans, City of New Orleans via Pullan Rail Journeys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users