Employee Praise

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjibear

Conductor
I just got back from a round trip on the Crescent. Our SCA was excellant, in addition to giving him a tip (I hope I gave him enough), I wanted to write Amtrak and tell them how well he did. I was looking and I saw Amtrak has an employee praise line: http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1251625013221 I am going to call later and praise this employee. I never saw this on the forum before so I thought I would share.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from a round trip on the Crescent. Our SCA was excellant, in addition to giving him a tip (I hope I gave him enough), I wanted to write Amtrak and tell them how well he did. I was looking and I saw Amtrak has an employee praise line: http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1251625013221 I am going to call later and praise this employee. I never saw this on the forum before so I thought I would share.
I travel on the Crescent a fair number of times. The most impressive SCA's on this route have been Claude and Rob. Did you have one of those? Regardless, happy you enjoyed your trip.

Refreshing to hear of folks giving credit to praiseworthy employee's. Usually complainer's are more likely to act than praiser's...... :)

Thanks for making this post, This caused me to call the number with praise for the two Flagstaff evening agents, Carol and Justin. They are fine examples of Amtrak employees.

I travel on the Crescent a fair number of times. The most impressive SCA's on this route have been Claude and Rob. Did you have one of those? Regardless, happy you enjoyed your trip.

No, we had Alonza. We had him both southbound and northbound. We ate in our rooms and he was always prompt getting our meal orders and arranging the times to be delivered.

Pretty cool. I'm going to start looking for the bronze, silver and gold pins. It would be interesting to know the terms upon which the medals are earned.

I still like to include the employee's praise in a letter. This away, there is something that can be put in their (personnel) file.
It will go into the employees personnel jacket no matter how you contact Amtrak.

Yes, a letter may allow you to be more detailed and you don't have to worry that the person typing up the report misses something that you said on the phone.

I just called the Employee Praise Line, but the call was terminated after about 1 minute -- before i had a chance to get through just the basic, required information. I tried a second time, but with the same result. Perhaps a time limit is necessary, but 1 minute? I suppose Amtrak management doesn't want to hear too much praise for their employees. :) Or perhaps I'm just too verbose. In any case I sent a "contact us" email suggesting that the introductory remarks one hears when calling the praise line should mention that there is a time limit and what that limit is.

I was trying to give praise to Ralph Shipp the SCA on train 6, car 631, which left Emeryville on 12/27/2013.

When I called, I said, "We were on train #3, reservation #blahblahblah. Anna Maria was our sleeper attendant, and she was fantastic. She was polite and friendly, and she flipped the rooms in record time. We really enjoyed meeting her and hope to be in her car again."

For Julio, it was, "We were on train #4, reservation #blahblahblah. Julio was kind enough to give my boyfriend's father a quick tour of the sleeper car, and when we had an issue with our upper bunk, he fixed it very quickly and apologized several times. I never saw him without a smile on his face. He was a pleasure, and we hope to meet him again."

Both messages took about 30-40 seconds.

Maybe you could try writing out what you want to say and then say it aloud while timing yourself? I find that helps when I'm giving a toast or presentation.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 the Thumbs Up on Rob... best SCA I've had thus far. Marcie is good in my mind as well, though we're fairly low maintenance. ;)

When I called, I said, "We were on train #3, reservation #blahblahblah. Anna Maria was our sleeper attendant, and she was fantastic. She was polite and friendly, and she flipped the rooms in record time. We really enjoyed meeting her and hope to be in her car again."

For Julio, it was, "We were on train #4, reservation #blahblahblah. Julio was kind enough to give my boyfriend's father a quick tour of the sleeper car, and when we had an issue with our upper bunk, he fixed it very quickly and apologized several times. I never saw him without a smile on his face. He was a pleasure, and we hope to meet him again."

Both messages took about 30-40 seconds.

Maybe you could try writing out what you want to say and then say it aloud while timing yourself? I find that helps when I'm giving a toast or presentation.
Thanks for the good suggestions SarahZ. I'll keep them in mind as I prepare to try again.

You could also tweet to @Amtrak. My daughter and I both did this on our recent Silver Meteor trip to praise Leo and we both got a response within just a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back