Rare EB 7(01) Mileage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grandpa D

Lead Service Attendant
Track-A-Train is working and shows the EB heading west from Fargo on the UP line towards Bismarck. As I write this, it's approaching Casselton, site of the recent oil train derailment and fire. Should be interesting to track. There is a line from just west of Casselton northwest to join the Surrey cutoff.

[Edit] It did take that NW line, but after it got about 8 miles NW of Casselton, or I should say 10 miles N of the Interstate Highway, the position reports stopped. Could it be the tracking system uses Cell Phone circuits to get the data back?

Last edited by a moderator:
We are on 8 heading east. Last night we took the detour. We left the norm route just east of Minot skipping Rugby, Devils Lake, and Grand Forks, rejoing the main line in Fargo

Slept through most of it but had GPS on. We we going about 50 until 30 miles west of Fargo. At that point it was jointed rail and we reduced speed to about 30 for the remainder of the detour. Have no idea which line we were on but it was relatively straight.

Each time I looked it was single track.

Only added about 2 hours delay to our schedule.

Stan

Last edited by a moderator:
Back