Coast Starlight- current movie in the PPC?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eris

Lead Service Attendant
Anyone been on the CS really recently and know what DVDs they might have? Back in August, the afternoon family movie was Toy Story 3 (or 2? My kids can't remember), and the evening movie was 42 (which I didn't watch, but watched a week later at home!)... hoping they've gotten something else for our southbound trip later this week.

I agree! I wasn't asking what the *best* movie is, though, just what movies they might have downstairs in the PPC. :p My then 8 now 9 year old was well entertained by Toy Story 3 (or 2, whatever it was) during the wine tasting in August... what am I gonna do, *supervise* her when I could be having wine while watching the scenery go by??

The best movie is the one playing outside the Big Windows.
True this! I've been on the Starlight about 15 Times and I've been Downstairs to the Theater Once Just to see what it Looked Like!

Why Anyone Would Not Prefer to Sit Upstairs in the PPC is Beyond Me! :eek: (It's OK for Kids during the Wine and Cheese Tasting ;) !!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
The best movie is the one playing outside the Big Windows.
True this! I've been on the Starlight about 15 Times and I've been Downstairs to the Theater Once Just to see what it Looked Like!

Why Anyone Would Not Prefer to Sit Upstairs in the PPC is Beyond Me! :eek: (It's OK for Kids during the Wine and Cheese Tasting ;) !!!)
You can't see anything much out the windows at night upstairs in the PPC. At night watching a movie on a bigger screen is fun!

I find the PPC to be very enjoyable after dark, even in areas where not much can be seen outside. The car is usually pretty well emptied out after about 10 or so and takes on a very Private Car feel. Of course northbound this is the place to be when crossing Suisun Bay.

I agree with that "private car" feeling you get in the PPC at night. Only time I was on 14 I was out of the lounge before Martinez, didn't see much of the bay from my roomette (might have been on the wrong side) I'll have to try that again sometime and see the bay from the lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back