Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Coast Starlight- current movie in the PPC?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Eris

Eris

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Anyone been on the CS really recently and know what DVDs they might have? Back in August, the afternoon family movie was Toy Story 3 (or 2? My kids can't remember), and the evening movie was 42 (which I didn't watch, but watched a week later at home!)... hoping they've gotten something else for our southbound trip later this week.

#2 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,172 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

I haven't been on it since Late October, but it's always a Kiddie Movie or a Fairly Recent Family Type G Rated Flick!

"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#3 jersey42

jersey42

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Southbound this past Sunday it was A Christmas Story and Safe Haven.

#4 OlympianHiawatha

OlympianHiawatha

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

The best movie is the one playing outside the Big Windows.

#5 Eris

Eris

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

I agree! I wasn't asking what the *best* movie is, though, just what movies they might have downstairs in the PPC. :-P My then 8 now 9 year old was well entertained by Toy Story 3 (or 2, whatever it was) during the wine tasting in August... what am I gonna do, *supervise* her when I could be having wine while watching the scenery go by??

#6 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,172 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

True this! I've been on the Starlight about 15 Times and I've been Downstairs to the Theater Once Just to see what it Looked Like!

Why  Anyone Would  Not Prefer to Sit Upstairs in the PPC is Beyond Me! :o (It's OK for Kids during the Wine and Cheese Tasting ;)  !!!)

Edited by jimhudson, 13 December 2013 - 12:09 AM.

"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#7 roomette

roomette

Conductor

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

True this! I've been on the Starlight about 15 Times and I've been Downstairs to the Theater Once Just to see what it Looked Like!

Why  Anyone Would  Not Prefer to Sit Upstairs in the PPC is Beyond Me! :o (It's OK for Kids during the Wine and Cheese Tasting ;)  !!!)

You can't see anything much out the windows at night upstairs in the PPC.  At night watching a movie on a bigger screen is fun!

#8 OlympianHiawatha

OlympianHiawatha

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

I find the PPC to be very enjoyable after dark, even in areas where not much can be seen outside.  The car is usually pretty well emptied out after about 10 or so and takes on a very Private Car feel.  Of course northbound this is the place to be when crossing Suisun Bay.

#9 ALC Rail Writer

ALC Rail Writer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

I agree with that "private car" feeling you get in the PPC at night. Only time I was on 14 I was out of the lounge before Martinez, didn't see much of the bay from my roomette (might have been on the wrong side) I'll have to try that again sometime and see the bay from the lounge.

Amtrak Routes Travelled: Capitol Limited (x12s), Northeast Regional (x10), Pennsylvanian (x10), Empire Builder (x6), Cascades (x4), Empire Service (2), Acela Express (3), New Haven Shuttle (2), Vermonter (1), Lake Shore Limited (x3), Lincoln Service (3), Coast Starlight (x2), California Zephyr(1), Capitol Corridor(1), Southwest Chief (1), Missouri River Runner (1), Downeaster (2), Crescent (2)
Amtrak Rail Miles: 34,568

My most recent Amtrak trip report!

All Aboard Ohio - Advocacy group for intercity travel in Ohio

#10 roomette

roomette

Conductor

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

I find the PPC to be very enjoyable after dark, even in areas where not much can be seen outside.

Yep. That would be downstairs.

Me too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users