Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Chicago - St Louis high speed rail

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,166 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:58 AM

Next step would be double-tracking from Joliet-Bloomington and possibly further south which would permit additional frequency and eventual service to Peoria. 

Has there been serious talk about service to Peoria?  I haven't really been following progress on the Illinois trains since leaving Chicago.
Not anytime soon with the current Governor and the just say no crowd of zealots in charge in Washington!
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#42 Eric S

Eric S

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

Next step would be double-tracking from Joliet-Bloomington and possibly further south which would permit additional frequency and eventual service to Peoria. 

Has there been serious talk about service to Peoria?  I haven't really been following progress on the Illinois trains since leaving Chicago.

There was an Amtrak/IDOT study about 5ish years ago that gave a high level look at a number of route options and, IIRC, ultimately recommended improved/expanded Thruway bus connections between Peoria and Normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users