eVoucher can be redeemed online NOW

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to make my reservation! Been putting it off so I could use the voucher from last December. :)

It will be interesting to see how partial use of an eVoucher is handled. If you have a $100 voucher and are booking a $75 ticket, I would assume the $100 eVoucher could be applied to the purchase with the voucher retaining the $25 remaining value for a future booking. I guess we'll know when someone tries it.

Well, it would seem as if I will need to still do my reservation with a live agent. One of my eVouchers is tied to an old reservation number and did not come with a voucher number (it was a compensation voucher given from Customer Relations from last December's Cardinal SCA shenanigans.) Oh well, I still tried!

Any success? Has anyone tried it? Don't have any voucher now, but sure to accumulate them soon!

Well, it would seem as if I will need to still do my reservation with a live agent. One of my eVouchers is tied to an old reservation number and did not come with a voucher number (it was a compensation voucher given from Customer Relations from last December's Cardinal SCA shenanigans.) Oh well, I still tried!
It looks like you have what used to be called "travel vouchers"; but recently I was told in no uncertain terms that they are "transportation certificates". I'm pretty sure that the new telephone and on-line redemption possibilities don't apply to them.

Travel vouchers/transportation certificates have always been a problem for those not living near a staffed station. Hopefully, now that advanced, state of the art, super high technology has become available for evouchers, it can be extended to transportation certificates.

It will be interesting to see how partial use of an eVoucher is handled. If you have a $100 voucher and are booking a $75 ticket, I would assume the $100 eVoucher could be applied to the purchase with the voucher retaining the $25 remaining value for a future booking. I guess we'll know when someone tries it.
I recently tried. I had $100 voucher, changed an itinerary, and the difference in fare was $30. Used the voucher to pay for the difference. The $70 leftover was then stored in the same voucher (same number).

this was really useful in a pinch since i was stuck at rutland, vt station which has no ticket window to validate an evoucher from a family member (and the phone operator similarly could not do so without verification).

the online system only required the other passenger's email or AGR and thus was pretty seamless, even on a handheld using the regular browser. after adding/verifying the numbers, just don't forget to still tick the box to include the evouchers if redeeming several.

(luckily there was just enough dusk on sunday's SB to the see the VT leg until whitehall, ny, where i was already acquainted with the adirondack line)

Is there any way to see online if a voucher has been used? I have one sitting in my email from travel earlier this year, but I don't remember if I used it.

Yes, just go thru the steps to make a fictional booking and then on the payment page where the evoucher option is listed you can enter your number.

If it's not valid, then this will display: "This eVoucher has been used and can no longer be redeemed.

Okay

I've tried it, and it seems to work okay. I typed in all my vouchers, and it gave me the choice of which I'd like to use using a checkbox. If it was over the amount, then it noted that the remainder would be left in the voucher. There was a bug for us Mac users. The option to use eVouchers did not come up using Safari. It only worked using Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back