Booking train travel from the uk

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charlie

Hi, I'm travelling to the States next summer and have planned to get a train from New York to washington. I've tried to book online via the Amtrak website, but an unable to as I don't have a US registered credit card. Has anyone else come across this problem? How did you manage to sort this? Thanks in advance!!

I've booked successfully more than once with my non us credit card. Just follow the directions on the website.

I have. It tells me that the payment can't be processed because it needs a US state to be selected. Can anyone else help?

Amtrak Unlimited (AU) has many members from the UK. I hope they can help.

I may be wrong, but I don't recall having to enter an address when using a credit card. You just enter the number. The only time I remember having to enter an address is if the tickets are to be mailed to you.

Chose "pick up at Quik Trak", "pick up at agent", or now with e-ticketing it can be stored on your smart phone or computer via e-mail!

I've always had to enter an address. Your probably just always logged in when you book your ticket and your address is info that is saved in your profile unlike your credit card since saving credit card numbers is something Amtrak.com doesn't do.

Call Amtrak (use Skype to save money). Or check out using a travel agent. I believe Amtrak still pays T.A. commissions so it shouldn't cost anything.

EDIT:

I just called Amtrak for you. They said they should be able to process a reservation over the phone with only a postal code.

You might consider joining the forum and then PM me and I'll try and help you. My UK friend bought his ticket so it can be done.

EDIT:

Apparently you can select any state and it will work. When you put in Passenger info, be sure to select "International" under phone type and include the 44 country code. Also, Amtrak International help is 001+ (215)-856-7952

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back