Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Status of Amtrak Status Maps - dixielandsoftware

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 John Bobinyec

John Bobinyec

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:31 AM

On Sunday, Jan. 15, 2017, something happened to Amtrak's tracking system.  Many of the trains were not showing up on their Track-A-Train map, nor were the times being posted on their reservations system.  That, of course, affects both Better Track-A-Train and Amtrak Status Maps.

Things were better yesterday, the 16th.

To my eye, looks like today things are acting up again.

jb

LDS Been On:

Old: Phoebe Snow (EL), Montrealer (AT), Laurentian (D&H)

RBBB: St. Petersburg - W. Palm Beach, Lakeland - Atlanta, Baltimore - NYC, Rochester, NY - Hartford, Albuquerque - Salt Lake City, Denver - Chicago

Modern: Ocean (VIA), Silver Star, Capitol Limited, Texas Eagle, Autotrain, Carolinian, Southwest Chief, California Zephyr, Lake Shore Limited

#82 John Bobinyec

John Bobinyec

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:12 PM

At about 9.30 p.m. EST on 2/21/2017, the web hosting company for Amtrak Status Maps (dixielandsoftware.net, statusmaps.com) started experiencing server failures.  That is making it difficult to get to Amtrak Status Maps.  Tech Support is aware of and working on the problem.  No estimated up time.

jb

LDS Been On:

RBBB: St. Petersburg - W. Palm Beach, Lakeland - Atlanta, Baltimore - NYC, Rochester, NY - Hartford, Albuquerque - Salt Lake City, Denver - Chicago

Modern: Ocean (VIA), Silver Star, Capitol Limited, Texas Eagle, Autotrain, Carolinian, Southwest Chief, California Zephyr, Lake Shore Limited

#83 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • Interests:Ask me!

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for the update.

And, of course, thanks for all your efforts.

4/1/1955 - NYC "Pacemaker" - NYP to CHI; 9/14 - EB - CHI to PDX , CS - PDX to EMY, CZ - EMY to CHI; 3/15 CONO - Round trip; 9/15 CL CHI to WAS, Acela WAS to BOS, LSL BOS to CHI; 11/15 CONO - Round trip; 5/16 EB - Round trip; 12/16 CONO -  Round Trip; 5/17 EB - Round trip; 10/17 CONO - Round trip

#84 John Bobinyec

John Bobinyec

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:48 AM

10/8/2018 7.47 a.m. Amtrak has changed its website(s).  That has disabled Amtrak Status Maps.  I'm working on it.

jb

LDS Been On:

#85 ChuckL

ChuckL

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

10/8/2018 7.47 a.m. Amtrak has changed its website(s).  That has disabled Amtrak Status Maps.  I'm working on it.

jb

interesting. I can't get a connection to Amtrak with their own iPhone app using iOS 10. Worked fine before the website change. Anyone else experiencing this as well? The app just starts up and crashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

#86 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • Interests:Ask me!

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:26 AM

jb

Thanks for all your efforts. ASM is the "go-to" site for me.

4/1/1955 - NYC "Pacemaker" - NYP to CHI; 9/14 - EB - CHI to PDX , CS - PDX to EMY, CZ - EMY to CHI; 3/15 CONO - Round trip; 9/15 CL CHI to WAS, Acela WAS to BOS, LSL BOS to CHI; 11/15 CONO - Round trip; 5/16 EB - Round trip; 12/16 CONO -  Round Trip; 5/17 EB - Round trip; 10/17 CONO - Round trip

#87 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,495 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:48 AM

jb

interesting. I can't get a connection to Amtrak with their own iPhone app using iOS 10. Worked fine before the website change. Anyone else experiencing this as well? The app just starts up and crashes.

It's Sunday morning.  That's when we're most likely to notice issues after they do maintenance/updates during the night - Sunday mornings being the usual day, I believe, for doing these.  3 years ago this weekend the system was having issues most if not all day....just as some of us were heading out to the gathering.

#88 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,967 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Seems to be working fine now. Might have had something to do with the introduction of the new amtrak.com web site.

#89 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,172 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:51 AM

Seems to be working fine now. Might have had something to do with the introduction of the new amtrak.com web site.

Not working for me yet??? Showing info from late last nite but Amtrak App showing updated Train Status as of 10am CDT on Sunday10/8.
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#90 fixj

fixj

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Trains

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

I'm getting a blank map with just the routes on it. No trains. The Canadian portion is working.

#91 Train2104

Train2104

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

Fixed.

Edited by Train2104, 08 October 2017 - 10:07 AM.

#92 lo2e

lo2e

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:43 AM

ASM has not worked right for me on Chrome 61.0.3163.100 with Mac 10.12.6 for several days.  I see the routes and I see the trains on the map, but clicking on a train number does nothing, no station-by-station OTP on the left, no little popup box right by the train number.

I'm going to try to disable extensions (I have about 7 extensions running) one at a time to see if one of those is causing the issue.  It is working fine on Safari and Firefox.

Edit to add: Found it - I was using Tampermonkey for a couple of scripts and disabling it instantly solved the ASM issue.  

Edited by lo2e, 09 October 2017 - 05:45 AM.

#93 Train2104

Train2104

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:36 AM

ASM has not worked right for me on Chrome 61.0.3163.100 with Mac 10.12.6 for several days.  I see the routes and I see the trains on the map, but clicking on a train number does nothing, no station-by-station OTP on the left, no little popup box right by the train number.

I'm going to try to disable extensions (I have about 7 extensions running) one at a time to see if one of those is causing the issue.  It is working fine on Safari and Firefox.

Edit to add: Found it - I was using Tampermonkey for a couple of scripts and disabling it instantly solved the ASM issue.  

I'm curious which scripts were the problem...if it's not too hard to find out, can you let me know?

#94 JRR

JRR

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

Does it have anything to do with Apple ios11 upgrade?

#95 John Bobinyec

John Bobinyec

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

Right now Amtrak Status Maps (ASM) is having a very hard time getting information from Amtrak.com, which is running very slooooowly.  The result is that it looks like ASM is not working, but it is.

jb

LDS Been On:

#96 Eric in East County

Eric in East County

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Traveling onboard AMTRAK, monitoring railroad and police radio traffic, collecting and photographing vintage O-scale trains made by MARX

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

We use FireFox and there still seem to be some bugs in the Train Status feature.  We couldn't get information on No. 3 into LAX.  Also, we had to manually reset the date to today's date.  (It kept showing yesterday's date.)

Eric & Pat

#97 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,507 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

No.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#98 lo2e

lo2e

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

No.

Not for me either.  I wasn't using iOS, I am on a Macbook.

Edited by lo2e, 09 October 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#99 lo2e

lo2e

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:08 AM

I'm curious which scripts were the problem...if it's not too hard to find out, can you let me know?

Unfortunately I don't know as I simply disabled the entire Tampermonkey extension.  I didn't disable scripts one by one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users