SSL East

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumbleweed

OBS Chief
Guess I must have missed it when it happened, but I notice the SSL route is no longer shown on the interactive route atlas as temporarily suspended between NOL and JAX....or am I imagining it was even shown originally?

I've all but given up hope on the SSL connection being restored from NOL to any point in Florida. The line has been down for 9 years now. That's not temporary. Whether the official status is temporarily suspended, out of service or abandoned, it makes no difference. It is very doubtful that we will see service on this route ever again.

I assume you mean Sunset Limited (SL), as SSL is the common abbreviation for SightSeer Lounge. To be honest, I never noticed either way on the route atlas, but it still showed it's border city on the AGR chart! :) But then again, it also showed the Broadway Limited's border city!

It's pretty much gone. One could argue that Amtrak did an illegal removal of service without the proper 180 day notice, but (based on my "conversation") Florida Department of Transportation doesn't care.

Unfortunately, this sets a precedent that Amtrak can pretty much get rid of any service without giving the 180 day notice....and the states won't care. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back