Taxis King Street station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozbuc

Train Attendant
Is it reasonable for me to expect taxis to be at the station in Seattle when the Starlight pulls in?

4528290409_ac717b1447.jpg

In my limited experience, there have been taxis waiting (a lot of them).

There will be unlicensed towncars there too and they will offer you a too good to be true deal. DO NOT fall into that trap. You will end up paying double. Stick with a cab (Or Metro)

Plenty of cabs at King Street. My first time there, I fell for the Town Car thing - never again.

My experience is that cabs are more available at King Street Station than at Los Angeles Union Station and many other larger stations.

My experience is that cabs are more available at King Street Station than at Los Angeles Union Station and many other larger stations.
I found that cabs were always available at New York Penn Station. The only concern was about how long a wait in line. Cabs were constantly dropping off fares and picking up new ones. However, the passengers were a mix of office workers and train passengers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how much it is from the train station to the airport (SEA). Coming in on the Starlight to a airport hotel for a 0600 flight the next morning. Thank You!

"There is a $40.00 Flat Rate in effect for trips from the Downtown Seattle Hotel District to SeaTac Airport which applies to all taxicabs that operate in Seattle."

Does anyone know how much it is from the train station to the airport (SEA). Coming in on the Starlight to a airport hotel for a 0600 flight the next morning. Thank You!
If you aren't up for spending the $40 on the cab, exit king street station and walk one block east on Jackson to 5th and catch the light rail to the Airport station. Most airport hotels will offer a free shuttle from the station. It is about a 31 minute ride and costs $2.75.

-Sav

Taxifarefinder.com is a great way to find fares throughout the country. I've found them to be very accurate, however, on my last trip the price they showed was actually a dollar or two more than what I paid. Note that the price they show also includes the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back