Service Disruptions for the Eagles #21/#22

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
The Amtrak Staus Map is currently showing Service Disruptions for Yesterdays (25) and todays Eagles! According to a Post on trainorders,com, Heavy Snow between Little Rock and St. Louis resulted in Service Disruptions between LRK and STL last night! In years past when Flooding was a problem in this area, Amtrak turned the Trains in LRK and /or Bustituted between STL and LRK when the Roads werent also Fooded. Todays #22 left SAS On Time, made its Stops in SMC,AUS and TAY before showing up a Service Disruption! In the past when there were Problems in East Texas they turned #21 and #22 in FTW and/or used Bustittutions between Station such as LGV and FTW to SAS?

Anyone have any info on this, Amtrak, as usual, seems to be a Day Late and Dollar Short with info on it's various sites???? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Intererstingly the Christmas Day Heartland Flyers had to pass through Euclid's rath with heavy snow and ice from FTW all the way up to Norman and they did so with hardly no delays. According to my ears and the Amtrak Status Tracker, she was 1 minute late arriving Norman Christmas night. At the same time traffic on the 35 between Norman and the DFW Metroplex was at a near standstill and hundreds of airline pax at DFW and Love sat for hours on the tarmmac going nowhere; it looks like AA is going to ring up some hefty delay fines for keeping pax trapped in their seats.

Thanks for the info! Glad the Flyers have kept on keeping on! :cool: Typical Airline Behaviour in Weather, also I35 does tend to Ice up badly in North Texas/ Oklahoma as you know! Wonder if OU fans and the Team will ride the Flyer to FTW for the Cotton Bowl which actually is played @ Jerry World in that well known Hub of Transportation Arlington? :giggle: (Will there be "Specials" for the OU Fans like there is during the Red River Rivalry @ the Cotton Bowl???)

The flyers run on BNSF, which takes care of Amtrak. The Eagles mostly run on UP, which could care less about Amtrak Also the HF is much shorter train.

We just got our trip cancelled on Texas Eagle today. When I finally got a human being, she said there was trees on the tracks. Could only get us to St. Louis (out of Bloomington) or north. This was around 11:30 a.m. today. We were headed south to San Antonio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night STL only got a light dusting of snow. Didn't stop me from walking the poodle :)

We could have gone to St. Louis but we have been there plenty of times and if I were to do that, I would have driven so we would have a car.

Our gang was on today's Texas Eagle. Got as far as St. Louis then was told it wouldn't be going south until Monday due to trees on the track. They are driving the rest of the way to San Antonio.

We are scheduled to leave CHI Friday on the eagle to get me and 3 kids under 6 yrs old home to Tucson. Called today and of course amtrak refused to offer details and said we would have to " just show up" at the station bevore we could be informed if cancelled. Since we are driving from Ohio and must return rental car in CHI, looks like we might be stranded. Does anyone have advice on getting Amtrak to pony up a hotel for a night or two in CHI, I can't afford that, and will probably have to figure out a 1 way return air flight since the next available sleepers to accomodate 4 will be jan 11. Argh. The " service" petson thought it was important to remind me that " you're not the only one with travel problems right now" I told her I was the only one who had to figure out how to get my own kids home!

We are scheduled to leave CHI Friday on the eagle to get me and 3 kids under 6 yrs old home to Tucson. Called today and of course amtrak refused to offer details and said we would have to " just show up" at the station bevore we could be informed if cancelled. Since we are driving from Ohio and must return rental car in CHI, looks like we might be stranded. Does anyone have advice on getting Amtrak to pony up a hotel for a night or two in CHI, I can't afford that, and will probably have to figure out a 1 way return air flight since the next available sleepers to accomodate 4 will be jan 11. Argh. The " service" petson thought it was important to remind me that " you're not the only one with travel problems right now" I told her I was the only one who had to figure out how to get my own kids home!
This from the UP Railroad site: > Heavy Snowfall Impacts Operations in Little Rock

> Union Pacific

> Announcement Number: CN2012-50

> Categories: All Customer News

> Posted Date: December 26, 2012

>

> A major winter storm producing heavy snow and high winds across the

> nation's midsection yesterday has impacted Union Pacific switching

> operations in North Little Rock, Ark. Snowfall of 10- to 14-inches in

> the Little Rock area is impeding traffic moving in all directions in

> Central Arkansas.

>

> As weather conditions improve, crews will begin working to clear snow

> along the impacted areas and restore operations to normal levels.

> Customers with shipments moving through Central Arkansas should

> expect delays of 24- to 36-hours. If you have any questions please

> contact your Union Pacific representative.

I see #22 has departed San Antonio, but don't know how far it is going. I would say just show up and see what happens tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back