Orlando Station to Universal

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Toon

Could you please advise cheapest route from from Orlando train station to Universal. Thank you.

2 x adults, 1 x child (14).

One way Orlando train station to Hard Rock Hotel, Universal.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have alighted at Orlando station on a couple of visits, there were always private taxi-vans available, waiting to take people to any hotels, etc. I do not recall the fares, but remember that I thought it quite reasonable to International Drive area.

Ed :cool:

The Lynx bus that stops right outside of the depot goes to Universal. However.. it's not exactly a quick trip. It's probably about an hour from when you depart and the busses run every hour. It would be under $5 for all of you however and it will take you right to Universal property (the bus stop is a short but doable walk from the Hard Rock Hotel).

I've done this before (only I stayed shortly off Universal property.. a little bit of a further walk) and I would recommend it if everyone in your party is capable of carrying their own luggage (both on and off the bus, and on the walk to the hotel). Obviously you will get there quicker, and will be taken door to door with a taxi... so it just depends on how you value your money.

To reiterate TVRM610's comments, Lynx Bus #40 departs just outside the train station, but only once an hour at x:58. Again, this takes you right to the front door of Universal Studios - and it will stop close to many hotels along the route. If you go to maps.google.com, you can actually right click on the Amtrak Station and click "Directions from Here". Then, click on the left hand side of Universal Studios on Turkey Lake Rd. Click on the little bus icon above the A & B on the left hand side of the screen, and presto! You're given three different bus routes that will take you there. Click on the one that shows bus #40 for the most direct route, and it will highlight it's path to get you there. You'll discover why it's scheduled to take just over an hour. If you click on the up and down arrows to the right of the A & B circles, you can see the reverse trip and times.

Zoom in to at least 500 Ft scale on the route and you'll be able to see what hotels are along the route along with where the bus stops are.

For reference, a taxi will run around $30 - $40 and will only take about 20 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time, in recent past, as far as I can remember, there has been a van from Florida Van Pools, Inc. in the Orlando station parking lot. They have a contract with Amtrak and the city of Orlando to provide transportation from the train station. I do not know the cost. I took a van once from the station to my downtown condo when there were no tourists requesting any rides to touristy locations. My fare was less than it would have been with a taxi.

I just tried to access their website and I am unable to do so.... so it is possible that they are no longer in business.

I actually also took a Lynx bus on one occasion. I can't remember which bus number it was, but I was on a convention in one of the massive hotels out there somewhere in the swamps. I checked the bus map on the internet and worked out which bus I would be needing. Finding the bus was no problem and I enjoyed riding it. The driver didn't know anything about my hotel but I showed him the map and he said he would tell me when to get off, which he did. I then walked from the bus stop to the hotel which was one or two blocks. When I got to the hotel they asked me how I'd got there and I said on the bus. They told there are no buses around here, and wouldn't believe me. So obviously I did the impossible. Happens to me all the time.

I actually also took a Lynx bus on one occasion. I can't remember which bus number it was, but I was on a convention in one of the massive hotels out there somewhere in the swamps. I checked the bus map on the internet and worked out which bus I would be needing. Finding the bus was no problem and I enjoyed riding it. The driver didn't know anything about my hotel but I showed him the map and he said he would tell me when to get off, which he did. I then walked from the bus stop to the hotel which was one or two blocks. When I got to the hotel they asked me how I'd got there and I said on the bus. They told there are no buses around here, and wouldn't believe me. So obviously I did the impossible. Happens to me all the time.
Should have told them you walked from the train station since THEY did not provide shuttle service from/to the train station. :ph34r:

The number 50 bus will take you from downtown to the Magic Kingdom. On the way, it passes loads of hotels near Sea World and Lake Buena Vista. I have taken it once to Disney and it was full of hotel workers. Most Orlando locals that drive cars are clueless about public transportion in the area, but I would expect people that work the desk at tourist hotels would know about all transportation options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back