amtrak blankets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scott

I'll be on both the CS and the CZ in July; I'd like to purchase an Amtrak blanket (love the one I have but it's getting old). Do they still sell them at either the station or on the train?

thanks!

I got the impression that it's hit or miss. I didn't bother checking either cafe cars I was on last year though I had thought about it before my trip. I did get an NTD blanket from the "store" in PHL on NTD. I was going to suggest store.amtrak.com, but I just checked it and the only blankets they show are 2 baby blankets & a picnic blanket.

I'm not sure, but I believe on the train at the cafe counter in the Sightseer.
In 7 round trips, I've never seen them sold aboard the Auto Train. You'd figure they'd make an announcement about them if they were selling them, but none so far. Perhaps they might have them in the stations, but I've not seen them their either. If they are being sold aboard the AT, then it's done very privately.

I got the old Chevron one a number of years ago, and I continue to look for a new Travelscape one, but have not found a cafe car that has one for sale. The Chevron one I have is a white wool-like material with the Chevron printed in the middle. I'm considering screen printing my own one of these days... I have a Black Polo T-shirt that was gifted to me from my grandfather a couple of years ago for Christmas, but I haven't been able to find another one of those either.

peter

TraneMan said:
1341109877[/url]' post='377012']Well, I found something with the old Amtrak Logo. (Pointless Arrow)
"5 colors to chose from." But only 4 are listed.
blink.gif

i picked up a very nice via rail fleece blanket this april complete with fleece stuff sack with the via logo, inflatable fleece covered pillow, cloth eyeshade and ear plugs for less than $10 from the station agent in jasper, who had the best selection of via merchandise i saw. unfortunately, it doesn't look to be available from the via store on their website

Last edited by a moderator:
The cafe menu use to offer these:

SUNDRIES & SOUVENIRS

Batteries (AA 2 pack) - $5.00

Tylenol or Motrin IB - $1.25

Pepcid AC Antacid - $1.25

Toiletries - $2.00

(shampoo, deodorant,

shaving kit, or toothpaste/toothbrush)

Amtrak Playing Cards - $5.00

Amtrak Collector Postcards - $3.00

Amtrak Souvenir Blanket - $15.00

Amtrak Cap - $9.00

Amtrak Luggage Tag - $7.00

Amtrak Lapel Pin - $2.25

Amtrak Children’s Activity Book - $2.00

The cafe menu use to offer these:

SUNDRIES & SOUVENIRS

Batteries (AA 2 pack) - $5.00

Tylenol or Motrin IB - $1.25

Pepcid AC Antacid - $1.25

Toiletries - $2.00

(shampoo, deodorant,

shaving kit, or toothpaste/toothbrush)

Amtrak Playing Cards - $5.00

Amtrak Collector Postcards - $3.00

Amtrak Souvenir Blanket - $15.00

Amtrak Cap - $9.00

Amtrak Luggage Tag - $7.00

Amtrak Lapel Pin - $2.25

Amtrak Children's Activity Book - $2.00
While it may be listed there, it seems that most Cafes don't actually have any of the blankets. Either that or the L/SA doesn't want to be bothered with opening of the box & doing the paperwork. I've been asking at the Cafe for them on every train I'm on since 2000 and have yet to find a L/SA that has one for sale.

peter

I picked up a white blanket from the heartland flyer. The material is so rough and scratchy my wife refuses to use it. It says Amtrak in blue letters and has the newer logo as well.

I usually buy a cheap fleece blanket from a drug store, then throw it away after the trip, if in coach. I always try to buy the most tasteless colour, like lime green, or an awfull pattern. I pretend I am a wino or hobo! Those 2 AA batteries at $5 seem the ultimate rip off?

Ed. :cool:

Those 2 AA batteries at $5 seem the ultimate rip off?
The Tylenol -- $1.25 for a package of 2 tablets -- might be even more of a markup than that, compared to the per-pill cost of buying a larger container at the drug store.

But I did pay it once, when I was on the train and developed a headache. I probably would have paid a lot more than that, actually. (I now make sure I have my own bottle of pain pills when I travel.)

Thanks, All. Well, I'll keep the old one I have and take a look at various stations. Happy travels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back