Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Susquehanna Limited

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,561 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

The Conrail Historical Society is running an excursion today up the NEC from WAS to Perryville, up to Harrisburg and then back:
https://www.crhstrip...ehanna-limited/

I got over to Odenton (along with a dozen or so other railfans) and got some pictures of these historical locomotives in action:

Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#2 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

Nice shots! Glad to see 952 on the southern half of the NEC. The following statement is true... Everytime I ride to PAO, 952 is on one of the two trains. But the one thing I like about it, is its bell. The video is mine and it reminds me that EBells are just obnoxious.
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#3 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

As it turns out, my aunt and uncle, and a couple of my cousins, were on the trip yesterday. My cousin tells me that they had a great time. She says that each car had a guide from the Conrail Historical Society. Their guide announced that all of the repainted NS Heritage locos will be displayed together July 3-4 at the North Carolina Transportation Museum. I found the press release with details.
Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#4 benjibear

benjibear

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

Wow! I wish I knew about that trip. That would have been a great trip!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users