Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Brightline (FEC) Update

• Please log in to reply
1626 replies to this topic

#1621 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,967 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

For the initial service there is no cafe car. Any food or drink service will be at seat - possibly cart service.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

#1622 Caesar La Rock

Caesar La Rock

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

A few days old, but another victory.

https://therealdeal....ine-to-orlando/

#1623 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,652 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:11 AM

What precisely is the objection of all these Alta kockers?
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

#1624 Brian_tampa

Brian_tampa

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:42 PM

Very good news to report, it appears that work on phase 2 is about to begin. A permit has been applied for just yesterday to construct storm water structures along the Beachline Expressway SR528 at the Dallas Blvd. Toll plaza.

https://www.bizjourn...siness Journal)

"Coral Gables-based All Aboard Florida on Oct. 11 applied for permit that would allow work to begin on Phase 2 of the Miami-to-Orlando passenger train. Construction already is under way on the Miami-to-West Palm Beach portion of the train system."

"All Aboard is seeking the permit so it can begin construction of stormwater treatment swales along the rail corridor and modify existing stormwater ponds at the Dallas Boulevard toll plaza. The project also will involve installation of new fiber optic cable."

#1625 Brian_tampa

Brian_tampa

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

https://www.bizjourn...nstruction.html

More work on phase 2 scheduled to begin soon, but this time at the Orlando airport. Beginning by end of 2017, AAF construction crews will be working on the new station at the airport as well as related track work starting in January. This work is dependent on AAF obtaining a construction permit. From the OBJ news article:

It looks like the $3.5 billion Miami-to-Orlando rail system soon will start creating its new station at the Orlando International Airport.

Brightline operator, Coral Gables-based All Aboard Florida, will begin moving construction crews into the airport's new Intermodal Terminal Facility in December, Greater Orlando Aviation Authority COO Stan Thornton told Orlando Business Journal on Oct. 19.

Then in January, workers will begin interior train station buildout and building a new rail that will connect into the terminal, Thornton said. The project is scheduled for an midyear 2020 completion, he said.

Edited by Brian_tampa, 19 October 2017 - 01:09 PM.

#1626 Scott Orlando

Scott Orlando

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:06 PM

The news I have been dreaming about...

A long while back on this thread there were links to architectural diagrams of the SR528 segment. Those links are dead. Does anyone know links for the architectural schematics for this segment are? Its fascinating and I cant wait to see real progress

Silver Star 5, Silver Meteor 3, California Zephyr 2, Capitol Limited, City of New Orleans, Sunset Limited, Tri-Rail, Trinty Railway Express, Great Smoky Mountain Railway, Georgetown Loop, Stone Mountain Railway, DC Metro, MARTA, BART, Miami Metrorail, and Metro Rio (Rio de Janeiro)

#1627 me_little_me

me_little_me

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

This topic aught to be broken up into three - one until Miami to WPB construction is finished (at which point it will die), one on Brightline operating issues and one on development of the Orlando segment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users