22texas eagle entering austin 4 /30/2012

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aloha

A good trick is to brace yourself against a pole or wall, plus use your elbow held against your chest.. Another factor is the mass of the camera, heaver cameras are easier to keep steady..

Aloha

A good trick is to brace yourself against a pole or wall, plus use your elbow held against your chest.. Another factor is the mass of the camera, heaver cameras are easier to keep steady..
[ was trying to make the best video i could with my kodak 713 easy share

Last edited by a moderator:
Aloha

Aloha

I hope I did not make you feel bad about your Video. Over the years I have worked wiih many pros and was passing on pointers I have received from them. The way we learn is by doing and reviewing our efforts. And most important, Enjoy.

Aloha

Aloha

I hope I did not make you feel bad about your Video. Over the years I have worked wiih many pros and was passing on pointers I have received from them. The way we learn is by doing and reviewing our efforts. And most important, Enjoy.
gg u helped me alot

some of my other videos i will post and hope u will give advice

Until seeing wabbit's video of the Texas Eagle I'd never heard of One True Media. Because the video itself is on YouTube it looked like it might be a third party production service of some kind that wabbit had used to upload or edit or add effects or... So I looked into it. After all, it used the magic word - FREE - and claimed to be powerful and easy as well. Those are usually things that interest folks interested in train photoraphy, right?

Please note that this is in no way a critique or commentary on wabbit's video, just my look at the One True Media service he used, and its free offer.

What I found is that it might be powerful if you pay enough, and One True Media tries to get you to pay for upgrades at every turn in their production process. It's not particularly easy, especially as an intermediary for posting videos to the very simple YouTube (which is also free, and doesn't nag about upgrading).

Worst of all, I found that for free it actually badly degraded the quality of my trial video, which BTW also used up in one shot a month's worth of free upload megabytes (90 out of 100).

So what's good about it? Well, see, you can DO stuff!! You can add effects (some are free, other "premium," meaning you have to pay), music (same thing: free or premium paid), titles, and post to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. There's a mobile service called Vlix that I didn't bother looking into - get this - you can buy DVDs of your customized videos, photos, what-have you.

To try the free deal I used a video taken at the opening weekend of L.A.'s Expo Line. Uploading was straightforward and fast enough, but then things got a little tricky as I made my way through a minefield of editing options, getting hit for upgrades at every turn (no thank you), until I had a video all tarted up and ready to go. But other than previewing it the only way to post it online was to sign in to a YouTube account and go through a bunch of riggamarole to have One True Media transfer my work to YouTube to be posted on that service. Which I did, only to find that my video had magically - and for FREE - gone from 1080p HD to the powerful and easy 240p. Amazing! At least I got those killer tunes, great titles, boffo effects, and crucial One True Media ads at beginning and end. And for FREE!!

I have no idea why wabbit selected One True Media for showing us his Texas Eagle videos - maybe he was trying it out too - but at least at the free level it didn't work for me: the degradation, 100 megabyte/month limit (used with one video), maze-like production process, limited options and upgrade nagging, third party posting riggamarole. I suspect it wouldn't work for many others here at AU, either.

Back