Spring Private Car trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ispolkom

Engineer
The Friends of the 261 will be running their Super Dome and Skytop observation cars from St. Paul to Chicago and back on May 11 and 13. Meals and open bar included. Information here.

Sure, you could tour these cars at National Train Day in Chicago, but wouldn't it be more fun to ride them?

Riding in the Cedar Rapids observation car has been my all-time favorite railroad experience, so I highly recommend this. Alas, I usually have difficulties getting time off in May.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Friends of the 261 will be running their Super Dome and Skytop observation cars from St. Paul to Chicago and back on May 11 and 13. Meals and open bar included. Information here.

Sure, you could tour these cars at National Train Day in Chicago, but wouldn't it be more fun to ride them?

Riding in the Cedar Rapids observation car has been my all-time favorite railroad experience, so I highly recommend this. Alas, I usually have difficulties getting time off in May.
I just got an email today saying that there is still plenty of availability! If I wasn't going to be in PHL for NTD, I would seriously consider doing this. I rode from CHI to MSP last May with the Friends of the 261 and it is a GREAT trip. I highly recommend it!

Back