• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Freak

Rail Freak

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts
  • Interests:Experiencing the country by RAIL!!!
    U.S. & Native American History

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

Has anyone stayed at the Belton Chalet in West Glacier? If so, give me a run down, please!!!
Thanx
RF

A Rookie No More! But Still A Lot Of Track To Travel !!!
Silver Meteor #97(6) & #98 (4), Silver Star #91 (2), Capitol Limited #29 & #30(6), Empire Builder #7,#8,#27(2) &#28(4) Coast Starlight #11 (6) & #14(5), California Zephyr #5 (2) & #6 (5), Cascades #506, City of New Orleans #58, #59 (2), South West Chief #3 (4), Lake Shore Limited #49, Maple Leaf #63, San Joaquin #714, Pacific Surfliner #774, Texas Eagle #422 (2), Cardinal #50, Crescent #19, Sunset Limited #1. Approx. 60,169 miles & 41 states!

HAVE FUN

#2 Twin Star Rocket

Twin Star Rocket

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Rail travel, ship travel, history, science, languages, old TV shows and commercials (pre-1970), American folk songs, classical and electronica music, and classic movies.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

Not yet! I've planned to return to Glacier Park by rail and stay there. I made a 1980 trip to Glacier and used the Belton station as my entry point to the park. I'm sure I saw the Belton Chalet.
I can recommend McDonald Lodge and Many Glacier Hotel--both former Great Northern properties just like Belton Chalet.
When I go again I might use the "red jammers" to get around instead of renting a car at Belton.
Have traveled by train since 1956 in the USA (including Alaska), Canada (including the Yukon), Mexico, Western Europe, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, and Zimbabwe.

Rode my first Amtrak train in April 1972. Have ridden nearly all the long-distance routes including the Texas Chief (Lone Star), Inter-American, Panama Limited, National Limited, Pioneer, Desert Wind, Spirit of California, Sunset Limited (Florida extension), Broadway Limited, and Chief. Also rode the Rio Grande Zephyr, Southern Crescent, Peoria Rocket, Georgia RR mixed train, and Soo Line mixed train in the post-Amtrak era.

#3 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

Don't wait, take the Empire Builder now!

Glacier National Park Is On Track To Be Glacier-Free By 2030

http://gizmodo.com/g...e-by-1663887582

9 now-and-then images of melting glaciers

http://mashable.com/...climate-change/

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#4 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,428 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

Who you gonna believe, Rushbo or your lieing eyes?

Nice find Charlie, everyone should see these, but I'm guessing they won't be shown on Fox Stations!!!

"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

".. I ride on a Mail Train Baby, can't buy a thrill.."--I said that!

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users