Where do you check to see if trains are running on time?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingee

OBS Chief
Taking the Texas Eagle tomorrow and trying to find out if it is running on time. Where do you look to see if they are on time?

IIRC there was also a thread that contained a link to a page giving train arrival times for a certain period of time. Does it still exist?

Taking the Texas Eagle tomorrow and trying to find out if it is running on time. Where do you look to see if they are on time?
I check here.

http://www.dixieland...pl?mapname=West
Unrelated to the topic at hand, an observation- just now when I checked that map, every single train is showing in green suggesting they all are running on time or almost on time. Feels good to see such a good day on Amtrak's western LD network :)

There's also this little-known feature on Amtrak's website where you can check the status of a given train. It's secretly hidden behind the "status" link on the home page.

I check here.

http://www.dixieland...pl?mapname=West
Unrelated to the topic at hand, an observation- just now when I checked that map, every single train is showing in green suggesting they all are running on time or almost on time. Feels good to see such a good day on Amtrak's western LD network :)
Yeah, I noticed that on the map as well. I was especially surprised to see that #50, the Cardinal, was running very early through the Northeast Corridor and arrived into New York at 8:46pm, 1 hour and 10 minutes early!!

There's also this little-known feature on Amtrak's website where you can check the status of a given train. It's secretly hidden behind the "status" link on the home page.
Yes, but status only tells you current status, while Amtrak Status Maps gives you the whole picture. I only use Amtrak status for projected arrival time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back