Quantcast

Photo

Where do you check to see if trains are running on time?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Gingee

Gingee

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Taking the Texas Eagle tomorrow and trying to find out if it is running on time. Where do you look to see if they are on time?

#2 Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Interests:Rail travel, AU, photography, poetry, surfing internet,

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

Click here,,,, My link .....then click the status tab and enter your info....

Edited by Tumbleweed, 25 December 2011 - 08:31 PM.

California Zephyr LNK-DEN(RT), DEN-GJT (RT), OMA-CHI(RT) 2/11, Capitol Limited CHI-WAS (RT) 2/11
Silver Meteor WAS-WPB (RT) 2/11, Empire builder FAR-CHI (RT) 3/12, CL CHI-WAS 4/12
SM WAS-WPB 4/12, SM WPB-NYP 4/12, LSL NYP-CHI 4/12, EB CHI-FAR 4/12, EB FAR-CHI 4/13, CL CHI-WAS 4/13
SM WAS-WPB 4/13, SM WPB-NYP 4/13, LSL NYP-CHI 4/13, EB CHI-FAR 4/13, SM WPB-NYP 2/14, LSL NYP-CHI 2/14
EB CHI-FAR 2/14, EB FAR-CHI 2/14, CZ CHI-DEN 2/14

Miles as of Feb 2014......23, 279', Future Plans....Coast Starlight and SW Chief

#3 SereneFury

SereneFury

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

IIRC there was also a thread that contained a link to a page giving train arrival times for a certain period of time. Does it still exist?

#4 Gingee

Gingee

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

Thanks. Will check it tomorrow.

#5 jmbgeg

jmbgeg

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Taking the Texas Eagle tomorrow and trying to find out if it is running on time. Where do you look to see if they are on time?

I check here.

http://www.dixieland...pl?mapname=West
jmb<br /><br /><span style='font-family: Palatino Linotype'>Select Plus Traveling the Empire Builder, Coast Starlight, Cascades, California Zephyr, San Joaquins, Capitol Limited, Southwest Chief and Lakeshore Limited</span>

#6 Texan Eagle

Texan Eagle

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

I check here.

Unrelated to the topic at hand, an observation- just now when I checked that map, every single train is showing in green suggesting they all are running on time or almost on time. Feels good to see such a good day on Amtrak's western LD network :)

#7 Trogdor

Trogdor

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

There's also this little-known feature on Amtrak's website where you can check the status of a given train. It's secretly hidden behind the "status" link on the home page.
Posted Image

#8 manchacrr

manchacrr

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Roller Coasters

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:45 AM

I check here.

Unrelated to the topic at hand, an observation- just now when I checked that map, every single train is showing in green suggesting they all are running on time or almost on time. Feels good to see such a good day on Amtrak's western LD network :)

Yeah, I noticed that on the map as well. I was especially surprised to see that #50, the Cardinal, was running very early through the Northeast Corridor and arrived into New York at 8:46pm, 1 hour and 10 minutes early!!

Routes Traveled:
Amtrak: City of New Orleans, Crescent, Empire Builder, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, Coast Starlight, Gulf Coast Limited (Retired), Cascades, Capitol Limited, Northeast Regional, Adirondack, Vermonter, Acela Express, Downeaster, Cardinal, Maple Leaf, Texas Eagle, Wolverine, Silver Star, Silver Meteor

VIA Rail: Canadian

#9 jmbgeg

jmbgeg

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:32 AM

There's also this little-known feature on Amtrak's website where you can check the status of a given train. It's secretly hidden behind the "status" link on the home page.

Yes, but status only tells you current status, while Amtrak Status Maps gives you the whole picture. I only use Amtrak status for projected arrival time.
jmb<br /><br /><span style='font-family: Palatino Linotype'>Select Plus Traveling the Empire Builder, Coast Starlight, Cascades, California Zephyr, San Joaquins, Capitol Limited, Southwest Chief and Lakeshore Limited</span>

#10 jphjaxfl

jphjaxfl

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Interests:Rail passenger advocate for modern, reliable passenger trains that will allow for business or leasure travel. I have been riding trains for over 60 years, but I am not advocating going back to what we once had, rather an updated system similar to Europe, Japan, China, India and other nations with great passenger train systems.

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:50 AM

Not many freight trains operate on Christmas so Amtrak usually has complete right-of-way.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users