Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Need Opinions from Everybody

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Viewliner

Viewliner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak, Viewliners particularlly 2300, 2301 (62091) "Eastern View", and 8400, etc.

Posted 03 January 2003 - 11:36 PM

You must have won the lottery or somethin to by all this. Save some for us! Glad your enjoying the expansion of your collection. Will you put any moeny aside to start building a layout? B)

I won Bingo Actually, I have allowance money saved up, but will probably wait till I get a paycheck from the Camp I start working at this summer (I'll also have time). I'll probably use the allowance for an Acela Set and possibly a Union Station Model, and by waiting, I'll have a lot of trains for my layout including the Walthers Amtrak Superliner HO Set with three superliners, a phase V P-42 and Atlas Snap track.
Viewliner, Hail 2300!!!
My Website: Amtrak Online- An Unofficial Amtrak Website

#42 Amfleet

Amfleet

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak, aviation transportation, other modes of transportation, things that move other things around, etc...

Posted 03 January 2003 - 11:41 PM

My cents worth: there are some really good deals for the Acela Trainset. Bachmann was selling them for about $300, but I've found them as low as $150. Check Amtrak's Store online, they had them cheap I believe.
Jon
Total Miles Traveled on Amtrak - 22,333
Amtrak in the East

#43 Viewliner

Viewliner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak, Viewliners particularlly 2300, 2301 (62091) "Eastern View", and 8400, etc.

Posted 03 January 2003 - 11:43 PM

My cents worth: there are some really good deals for the Acela Trainset. Bachmann was selling them for about $300, but I've found them as low as $150. Check Amtrak's Store online, they had them cheap I believe.

$200 to be exact, I'd buy from them probably. Where'd you see it for $150?
Viewliner, Hail 2300!!!

#44 Amfleet

Amfleet

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak, aviation transportation, other modes of transportation, things that move other things around, etc...

Posted 03 January 2003 - 11:45 PM

It was at the Big Hobby Show in Springfeild, MA last year. I didn't buy it, but the guy said he was having trouble selling it and that's why the price was so low.
Jon
Total Miles Traveled on Amtrak - 22,333
Amtrak in the East

#45 Viewliner

Viewliner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 11:50 PM

It was at the Big Hobby Show in Springfeild, MA last year. I didn't buy it, but the guy said he was having trouble selling it and that's why the price was so low.

Okay I'll probably wait till I have the next $200 and buy it from Amtrak's Website.
Viewliner, Hail 2300!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users