57 replies to this topic

#21 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:38 PM

In this photo, what is that hanging around his neck called (no--not George, or Ralph, or Sid)
and where can I purchase one? Thanks

Posted Image

It's called a Neck Safe, I beleive. The brand name is Pacsafe. I purchased one when someone on AU put up the info a couple of years ago & I purchased one. It is very convenient & well worth the money. I use it for tickets, diner reservation cards, pens, note pad etc.
RF

I got one at AAA. I've also seen them in stores that sell luggage.

AAA Store - PassHolders

006b86872e.png

2011: Jun: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // Nov: WIL=>WAS=>CHI=>PRO (NER=>CL=>CZ)
2012: Apr: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // May(NTD): WIL=>PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>PAO=>PHL (Keystone) // Aug: WIL=>WAS (NER) / BWI=>WIL (NER) // Oct(Gathering): PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>HAR=>PHL (Keystone) / SEPTA, NJT, PATCO, River Line, Princeton Dinky
2013: May(NTD): WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct (Gathering): WIL=>CHI (Card) / CHI=>MKE=>GLN=>CHI() / CHI=>JOL=>CHI () / CHI=>WIL(CL=>NER) / CTA, Metra. SEPTA (WIL=>NRK) // Nov:  PHL=>PHL (Autumn Express) 
2014: May(NTD):  WIL=>PHL=>WIL(NER) // May:  WIL=>BOS=>WIL(NER) day trip

2014: Booked:  Oct(Gathering): WIL=>NYP=>TOL(pd-NER=>LSL) / TOL=>CHI=>LAX=>EMY(pts-LSL=>SWC=>CS) / EMY=>CHI=>TOL (pts-CZ-CL) / TOL=>WAS=>WIL(pd-CL=>NER)

#22 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,287 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

I believe they're also sold at Magellan's - and that is an AGR partner on Points for Shopping!Posted Image Meaning you can earn more AGR points!Posted Image
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead!

#23 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,100 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

Here are a selection of my photos from the trip to Seattle and the train ride back.

#24 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,100 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Grace and Alan at breakfast on the Lake Shore Limited on Oct 3.

Posted Image

Alan was having salad for breakfast?

#25 jmbgeg

jmbgeg

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

Posted Image

That's too funny. LOL. I guess it was lunch or dinner time in some time zone well east of the LSL. :giggle:
jmb<br /><br /><span style='font-family: Palatino Linotype'>Select Plus Traveling the Empire Builder, Coast Starlight, Cascades, California Zephyr, San Joaquins, Capitol Limited, Southwest Chief and Lakeshore Limited</span>

#26 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,100 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

And here's the group....

Posted Image

#27 pennyk

pennyk

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image

That's too funny. LOL. I guess it was lunch or dinner time in some time zone well east of the LSL. :giggle:

It was dinner on the LSL on 10-2, and I believe you can see the back of Trogdor's head in the back right side of the photo. I was at the table sitting next to Shanghai across from Alan and Grace.

PS I think that Grace was not eating salad because there was no blue cheese dressing (Chris D take note)

Edited by pennyk, 16 October 2011 - 09:46 PM.

Amtrak miles: 123,321; Routes: Silver Meteor, Champion (1973), Silver Star, Auto Train, Capitol Limited, Empire Builder, Lakeshore Limited, Adirondack, Vermonter, Cardinal, California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle (CHI-STL), Missouri River Runner, Acela Express (FC), Southwest Chief, Cascades, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Hiawatha Service, Maple Leaf, Keystone Service, Northeast Regional, Downeaster, Piedmont, Carolinian, Lincoln Service, Autumn Express 2013, Empire Service.   VIA miles: 4,584; Routes: The Canadian (westbound), Ocean (eastbound/westbound).

#28 AlanB

AlanB

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,778 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

It was dinner on the LSL on 10-2, and I believe you can see the back of Trogdor's head in the back right side of the photo. I was at the table sitting next to Shanghai across from Alan and Grace.

Yup, that's Trogdor in the dark blue shirt with his back to the camera.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#29 Shanghai

Shanghai

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

A Photo for Joe & Eric and other AU'ers who have
traveled thru Los Angeles and were hungry!!

Posted Image
Spirit of St Louis, Broadway Limited, Three Rivers, Cardinal, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Star, Pennsylvanian, Keystone, Silver Meteor, Regional, Acela, Capitol Limited, Hoosier State, Texas Eagle, Maple Leaf, Empire Service, Ethan Allen, Eurostar, TGV, BR, Orient Express, Netherlands Rail, SCNF, DSB, Deutsche Bahn, KCRC, MRT, MTR, California Zephyr, Carolinian, Missouri River Runner, Lincoln Service, Crescent, Sunset Limited, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight, Cascades, Pacific Surfliner, BART, CalTrain, NJ Transit, SEPTA, PATCO, Dinky, MBTA, Downeaster, UTA Trax, Heartland Flyer, Hiawatha, Illinois Zehpyr,Carl Sandburg, Piedmont, Vermonter, Metro North

#30 Shanghai

Shanghai

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

For those AU'ers who travel thru the Metro Lounge in Chicago,
the air conditioning and internet are still not working!!

Spirit of St Louis, Broadway Limited, Three Rivers, Cardinal, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Star, Pennsylvanian, Keystone, Silver Meteor, Regional, Acela, Capitol Limited, Hoosier State, Texas Eagle, Maple Leaf, Empire Service, Ethan Allen, Eurostar, TGV, BR, Orient Express, Netherlands Rail, SCNF, DSB, Deutsche Bahn, KCRC, MRT, MTR, California Zephyr, Carolinian, Missouri River Runner, Lincoln Service, Crescent, Sunset Limited, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight, Cascades, Pacific Surfliner, BART, CalTrain, NJ Transit, SEPTA, PATCO, Dinky, MBTA, Downeaster, UTA Trax, Heartland Flyer, Hiawatha, Illinois Zehpyr,Carl Sandburg, Piedmont, Vermonter, Metro North

#31 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,100 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

?? I did not have any problem the day I passed through, and I spent many hours there.

#32 GG-1

GG-1

Engineer

• Forum Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts
  • Interests:PRR GG1 and riding the rails to "see the USA in your Chev".....Train

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

Aloha

I am now home with 2 healthy, mad cats. Will start uploading pictures tomorrow.

Eric aka GG-1, Aloha, Mahalo = Thanks

Picture Galleries Posted Image

#33 AlanB

AlanB

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,778 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

?? I did not have any problem the day I passed through, and I spent many hours there.

The internet was out when I hit the lounge on the way to Seattle, but working on the return. AC was fine both times.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#34 GG-1

GG-1

Engineer

• Forum Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts
  • Interests:PRR GG1 and riding the rails to "see the USA in your Chev".....Train

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

Aloha

Here is the first.
Posted Image
Starting in Fullerton.

If you want to look in the Gallery before I label, adjust, Fix, etc. feel free.

Eric aka GG-1, Aloha, Mahalo = Thanks

Picture Galleries Posted Image

#35 Misty.

Misty.

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

https://www.facebook...=1&l=10ba9e0836 I'm having trouble getting some pictures onto the computer (they're on my phone, and I need to exchange my dock cable - it won't work on my computer, and barely works on a wall outlet to charge the phone), but in the meantime, I have a little preview set up. ^_^
Current rail miles: 40,170 (updated 6/21/13) Previous mileage: 19,782 Current Thruway/bustitution mileage: 1215 Previous Thruway/bustitution mileage: 930

Pictures from the 2013 Gathering (Chicago "reboot") Click here for the show :3

Booking a Hostelling International stop in the United States as part of a trip?  I've noticed it's cheaper to book through http://www.hiusa.org/

#36 WhoozOn1st

WhoozOn1st

Engineer

• Honored Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:44 AM

https://www.facebook...=1&l=10ba9e0836 I'm having trouble getting some pictures onto the computer (they're on my phone, and I need to exchange my dock cable - it won't work on my computer, and barely works on a wall outlet to charge the phone), but in the meantime, I have a little preview set up.

Every bit as good as GG-1's snapshots, and without lugging all that hardware around. Maybe Misty should be running the photo forum!
WhoozOn1st
See! Whooz Train Video Asylum "It's Raileriffic!!" Now over 300 Steam, Electric, and Diesel clips!
Enjoy! Whooz Rail SmugShots & Videos New & Improved: New Pics & Vids added daily!
Peruse! Whooz Picasa Memory Lane is a nice drive.

#37 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,100 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:42 AM

I take these evening shots as a challenge. This one came out well.... at Williston ND

Posted Image

#38 had8ley

had8ley

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts
  • Interests:"There's nothin' nicer than "dinner In the diner." After 30 plus years of pulling cabooses and pax trains around it's time for someone else to pull me around...

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

Below is a photo taken on the Talgo going from Seattle to Portland.
Some of us enjoyed the scenery and some chatted, but as you can
see from the photo, our Stephen was engaged in another activity!!!

Posted Image

I think he picked that up from his uncle...

#39 fredevad

fredevad

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

https://www.facebook...=1&l=10ba9e0836 I'm having trouble getting some pictures onto the computer (they're on my phone, and I need to exchange my dock cable - it won't work on my computer, and barely works on a wall outlet to charge the phone), but in the meantime, I have a little preview set up. ^_^

Nice pictures, Misty. I think the "Amtrak Event" might have been that the Amtrak 40th Anniversary train was in Milwaukee the 15th and 16th.
[This space intentionally left blank... ...until I decide what I want to put here.]

#40 fredevad

fredevad

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

OK, here's my collection of Gathering V pictures from both my cell phone and video camera:

http://trains.kirkde...lt.aspx?Page=43

Enjoy!

Edit:
P.S. Eric - I invite you to enjoy the 5th photo in the "Gathering Day 1" gallery. :)

Edited by fredevad, 18 October 2011 - 08:58 AM.

[This space intentionally left blank... ...until I decide what I want to put here.]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users