Best place for LT parking in Atlanta

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amtrak mentions a motel just south of the station (actually across the freeway bridge and on the opposite side of Peachtree) as suggested long-term parking. They charge $10/day. We found by accident parking a block north of the station at 1718 Peachtree Street. It is only $9 a day (but somehow my son was only charged $25 for Thursday AM until Sunday PM). The parking is run by Laz Parking which has sites in multiple cities. This building has underground parking, a machine that takes credit cards to pay and a building security guard. You enter on the side of the building into the underground area.

Better prices, better security and closer than the motel with no need to cross Peachtree and no need to walk across the bridge over the freeway.

Here is the link I had found:

http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/garage/peachtree_25th_building/30309/atlanta

I even emailed them and they said "no problem". They told me to let the guard know we would be parking for some days for Amtrak but the guard told us to just tell the parking attendant. There was no parking attendant (you pay by CC and put receipt in gate to exit).

Do you go to the corner of the building to get to the public parking? I see it on street view but not sure which entrance to go into.

This is the building where Amtrak at one time had an office for their Regional Manager and the Marketing Director. They gave up the space to save money and the manager moved to the station and the Marketing office moved to a trailer on the station property. It is a good secured parking area for long term parking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back