System Error

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lisa

Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently there is a system issue preventing your request from being processed.

[Error ID: 504S]

I cannot reserve tickets on line through Amtrak's website because this message keeps appearing every time I select to purchase. Anyone having these difficulties?

Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently there is a system issue preventing your request from being processed.

I cannot reserve tickets on line through Amtrak's website because this message keeps appearing every time I select to purchase. Anyone having these difficulties?
I've seen that because of a number of things. Two are:

• Waiting too long to actually buy the tickets after first picking out the trains. Exit out/log off then clear your cookies and see if the problem goes away.
  • Picking something online can't handle (like three in a room). Call for any odd things as online can't do everything and often gives cryptic replies.

This was a frustrating error for me. The Amtrak people didn't seems to know, either. First suggestion was that I was using a different passenger designtion than the one in my profile. Not. The error code came up as soon as I selected a train in the schedule.

Finally, after restoring my computer back to prior to the problem (I thought) and still not resolving the issue, I was perusing the internet options. Under 'Content', just for grins, I disabled the Content Advisor. Wa-La!!! Amtrak now works.

(Makes you wonder what their site has on it that the content advisor would find objectionable, doesn't it??)

(Makes you wonder what their site has on it that the content advisor would find objectionable, doesn't it??)
Probably the Ultra High Bucket Fares and Sleeping Car Prices and the OTP of the Western LD Trains!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back