Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Lincoln NE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RailFanLNK

RailFanLNK

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

You will arrive LNK either at 12:08am or 3:20am depending on the direction. LNK is the capital of Nebraska and the station is a mere three blocks from Memorial Stadium where the Nebraska Cornhuskers play football. The Amtrak station is in the Haymarket. It's an area of LNK where the farmers traded hay in the late 1880's and early 1900's and the 4 block area has been redeveloped with lots of small stores, restaurants and coffee shops. The station is only 3 blocks away from Haymarket Park home to the Lincoln Saltdogs American Association baseball team. LNK is clean, low crime city in the heart of the Midwest. It has almost 4000 employees working in BNSF offices and shops.

I have travelled on the California Zephyr, Lakeshore Limited, Carolinian, Acela, Capital Limited, Southwest Chief, Pacific Surfliner, Missouri River Runners, Texas Eagle, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Hiawatha Service and the Cardinal.

#2 trainman74

trainman74

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

You will arrive LNK either at 12:08am or 3:20am depending on the direction.

Although I have a memory from some years back of being on a late SWC, waking up in the morning as we were running slow through a city, and figuring out we were in Lincoln because I could see the distinctive-looking state capitol building.

#3 RailFanLNK

RailFanLNK

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

Yep distinctive it is... :ohboy: but its such a beautiful building.

I have travelled on the California Zephyr, Lakeshore Limited, Carolinian, Acela, Capital Limited, Southwest Chief, Pacific Surfliner, Missouri River Runners, Texas Eagle, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Hiawatha Service and the Cardinal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users