Question about the top bunk in the superliner bedroom

10 replies to this topic

#1 babytweety2yo

babytweety2yo

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:22 AM

This is only going to be our second train trip..so still new at all this. So forgive me if my question seems silly. Last time we rode in a roomette, this time we have a bedroom on the second floor of the superliner..a little bigger I hope, at least a private bathroom for the kiddos right there if nothing else that helps.

But my question is this, I'm sure they do, but want to ask, because I have a 6yr daughter and 7yr son. Do they have the saftey nets on all the top bunks even in the bedrooms?

Just want to make sure, as to not have any accidents in the middle of the night.

Thanks to anyone who answers I apperciate it!

#2 RyanS

RyanS

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,490 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:28 AM

Yep!
TrainSig.jpg

#3 The Davy Crockett

The Davy Crockett

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,128 posts
  • Interests:The Rails, US History, The Great Outdoors, Good Food

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

This is only going to be our second train trip..so still new at all this. So forgive me if my question seems silly. Last time we rode in a roomette, this time we have a bedroom on the second floor of the superliner..a little bigger I hope, at least a private bathroom for the kiddos right there if nothing else that helps.

But my question is this, I'm sure they do, but want to ask, because I have a 6yr daughter and 7yr son. Do they have the saftey nets on all the top bunks even in the bedrooms?

Just want to make sure, as to not have any accidents in the middle of the night.

Not a silly question at all. Better to be safe than sorry.
I wish I was a headlight on a northbound train.

#4 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,742 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

The only silly or dumb question is the one you do not ask, because it is silly or dumb!Posted Image
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead!

#5 ThayerATM

ThayerATM

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

How'd you swing getting Amtrak into issuing four tickets for four people in one standard bedroom? :blink:

#6 PRR 60

PRR 60

Engineer

• Forum Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

How'd you swing getting Amtrak into issuing four tickets for four people in one standard bedroom? :blink:

Perhaps it is one adult and two kids? I did not see any mention of two adults.

#7 printman2000

printman2000

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

I only see reference to three people.

#8 AlanB

AlanB

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,862 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:31 PM

Babytweet,

While this happens to be a picture from the family room with the smaller kids bunks, it will nonetheless give you an idea of the safety straps that keep people from falling out of the top bunk. The yellow & brown turtle pillow is not part of the safety system however. Additionally the sheets & blankets are tucked quite tightly around the mattress which also helps to keep one from rolling out of the bed.

Posted Image

Those are my two oldest nieces by the way, who are now much older. In fact the one of the left, the oldest, graduated high school a year ago now. The one on the right is now a sophomore in high school.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#9 rogers55

rogers55

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

There are no silly questions, but they are the easiest to answer.

#10 babytweety2yo

babytweety2yo

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

Thanks all for the answers.

Also its just three of us. Just Mom, and my 6yr and 7yr. We are taking a trip to Grandpas for two weeks. The kids are looking forward to their second train trip. We travel from Houston, TX to Michigan. Its definetly an adventure...an exhausting one for me...mostly because of a bad back and trying to lug two kids and all the suitcases around...I just have to remember this time to get help so as not to tire myself out this time.

Thanks again all!

#11 TransitGeek

TransitGeek

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:trains, buses, transit, transportation policy & land use, politics, ham radio, linux, and cycling

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

The yellow & brown turtle pillow is not part of the safety system however.
Posted Image

That's not a turtle, that's the backside of a Pikachu. I've heard them called rats or rabbits before, but a turtle is new.
Traveled so far: Southwest Chief #4 LAX-VRV, Coast Starlight LAX-OKJ, Capitol Corridor RIC-SAC, Pacific Surfliner BUR-SNA, San Joaquins BFD-RIC over and over again
Non-Amtrak Rail: Metrolink, LA Metro, SD Trolley, SPRINTER, San Jose VTA, BART, SF Muni Metro, Sacramento RT, Vancouver SkyTrain, DC Metro, Baltimore LRT, NYC Subway, Las Vegas Monorail, Paris Metro, Barcelona Metro, TGV Paris-Biarritz

Epic Train Trip (this summer): LAX-PDX-(VAC-VBC-SEA)-CHI-(BUF-TWO-MTR)-NYP-BOS-POR-WAS-NOL-ONA w/segments in (parenthesis) by bus/ferry.

Posted Image

If it has wheels, and I don't have to drive it, count me in!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users