Question about the top bunk in the superliner bedroom

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is only going to be our second train trip..so still new at all this. So forgive me if my question seems silly. Last time we rode in a roomette, this time we have a bedroom on the second floor of the superliner..a little bigger I hope, at least a private bathroom for the kiddos right there if nothing else that helps.

But my question is this, I'm sure they do, but want to ask, because I have a 6yr daughter and 7yr son. Do they have the saftey nets on all the top bunks even in the bedrooms?

Just want to make sure, as to not have any accidents in the middle of the night.

Thanks to anyone who answers I apperciate it!

This is only going to be our second train trip..so still new at all this. So forgive me if my question seems silly. Last time we rode in a roomette, this time we have a bedroom on the second floor of the superliner..a little bigger I hope, at least a private bathroom for the kiddos right there if nothing else that helps.

But my question is this, I'm sure they do, but want to ask, because I have a 6yr daughter and 7yr son. Do they have the saftey nets on all the top bunks even in the bedrooms?

Just want to make sure, as to not have any accidents in the middle of the night.

Not a silly question at all. Better to be safe than sorry.

The only silly or dumb question is the one you do not ask, because it is silly or dumb!
rolleyes.gif

How'd you swing getting Amtrak into issuing four tickets for four people in one standard bedroom? :blink:

How'd you swing getting Amtrak into issuing four tickets for four people in one standard bedroom? :blink:
I only see reference to three people.

Babytweet,

While this happens to be a picture from the family room with the smaller kids bunks, it will nonetheless give you an idea of the safety straps that keep people from falling out of the top bunk. The yellow & brown turtle pillow is not part of the safety system however. Additionally the sheets & blankets are tucked quite tightly around the mattress which also helps to keep one from rolling out of the bed.

dsc_024.jpg

Those are my two oldest nieces by the way, who are now much older. In fact the one of the left, the oldest, graduated high school a year ago now. The one on the right is now a sophomore in high school.

There are no silly questions, but they are the easiest to answer.

Thanks all for the answers.

Also its just three of us. Just Mom, and my 6yr and 7yr. We are taking a trip to Grandpas for two weeks. The kids are looking forward to their second train trip. We travel from Houston, TX to Michigan. Its definetly an adventure...an exhausting one for me...mostly because of a bad back and trying to lug two kids and all the suitcases around...I just have to remember this time to get help so as not to tire myself out this time.

Thanks again all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back