Spotted in Pittsburgh today

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsmoboi

OBS Chief
As I was riding my bus into downtown this morning, I spotted something pulling out of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Station that was kicking up a lot of smoke, clearly accelerating. It was a dark reddish color that at first I thought was one of the Allegheny Valley Railroad engines that is sometimes on that line, but as we approached each other, it turned out to be the set of restored E-8s pulling a matching consist of 3 private cars.

This is not my picture, but this is what I saw.

9651.1304691346.jpg

In this picture, the E8s are heading Westbound. This was taken less than 2 miles from my house on the line that the Pennsylvanian runs on. Picture taken May 4th, 2011

5565.1304691020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are on there way home back where they belong! :) In Philly. :) They were in Chicago for NTD. :) They are stored along the NEC by Bennett Levin in a well maintained warehouse. If you're sitting on the righthand side of the train going north, lefthand side going south. There is a sign with a PRR loco on it. That's his warehouse with all his PV and locos are stored in there. It's just north of the North Philadelphia train station and interlocking.

Thanks for moving the thread.

It was a rare treat to see these pulling out of Pittsburgh Station. They must have made a short station stop for some reason.

Back