#41 flying_babyb

flying_babyb

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:travel, teaching, frugal living, pets

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:55 PM

is there a mall in the friendship heights station or near it? my little sis swears thats  where we were

#42 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

is there a mall in the friendship heights station or near it? my little sis swears thats  where we were

Check out the reviews here.  I see a mention of a shopping center, Mazza Gallerie

2011: Jun: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // Nov: WIL=>WAS=>CHI=>PRO (NER=>CL=>CZ)
2012: Apr: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // May(NTD): WIL=>PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>PAO=>PHL (Keystone) // Aug: WIL=>WAS (NER) / BWI=>WIL (NER) // Oct(Gathering): PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>HAR=>PHL (Keystone) / SEPTA, NJT, PATCO, River Line, Princeton Dinky
2013: May(NTD): WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct (Gathering): WIL=>CHI (Card) / CHI=>MKE=>GLN=>CHI() / CHI=>JOL=>CHI () / CHI=>WIL(CL=>NER) / CTA, Metra. SEPTA (WIL=>NRK) // Nov:  PHL=>PHL (Autumn Express) 
2014: May(NTD):  WIL=>PHL=>WIL(NER) // May:  WIL=>BOS=>WIL(NER) day trip

2014: Oct(Gathering): WIL=>NYP=>TOL(pd-NER=>LSL) / TOL=>CHI=>LAX=>EMY(pts-LSL=>SWC=>CS) / EMY=>CHI=>TOL (pts-CZ-CL) / TOL=>WAS=>WIL(pd-CL=>NER)
2015: May: CHI=>CIN(pd-Card) / CIN=>WIL(pts Card)
2015;  Oct(Gathering):  WIL=>WAS(Acela) / ALX=>WAS(NER) / WAS=>BAL(Acela) / WAS=>WIL(NER)

2016: Mar: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct:  WIL=>NYP=>NYP=>WIL (Autumn Express) 

#43 flying_babyb

flying_babyb

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:35 AM

ok quick stupid queston: every year on vacation we do some sort of diy thing for a souviner. We painted pottery, made build a bears, built sand castles, made braclets and sea shell jewerly.

The kids are now teens (16, 15) and we want to do something like this in dc. Any suggestions? So there not girly girls, are into music and nightmare before Christmas and funko

Also the 16 year old would like to know how likey she is to find a single stall bathroom. She dresses and acts male, and dosn't like using the ladies room.

#44 flying_babyb

flying_babyb

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:35 PM

so were going to be staying in silver springs. I know that dc only has a build a bear open at game time. I need to know if we can take the dc metro to a build a bear in another city. We are totally willing to walk or take a taxi from the last metro stop if nessacary

#45 tp49

tp49

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:09 AM

There is no Build A Bear easily accessible solely by Metro rail. There is no location in DC proper but there is one in Westfield Montgomery (accessible by bus from Medical Center Red Line station) in Bethesda, Maryland. There is another location in Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax, Virginia but you'd have to cab it from Vienna station on the Orange Line.

Of the two options I'd probably go to Bethesda check out the mall websites for directions (I think there's a bus from Grosvenor Red Line station which is more time on the bus but a shorter train ride from Silver Spring.)

Edited by tp49, 22 February 2016 - 04:10 AM.

#46 flying_babyb

flying_babyb

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:00 PM

random question again:

Where is there a ikea I can get to by metro or bus? I need a new set of klas kids plates! On that note: will my dc metro pass work for the busses there?

#47 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:10 PM

Best shot of that is College Park. You can take the Green line to Greenbelt, and probably catch a bus from there. If not, it's a really short cab ride.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#48 flying_babyb

flying_babyb

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:15 PM

Best shot of that is College Park. You can take the Green line to Greenbelt, and probably catch a bus from there. If not, it's a really short cab ride.

how long of a walk would it be from the greenbelt stop? I like to torture the teens (and well I like scenery)

#49 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:30 PM

how long of a walk would it be from the greenbelt stop? I like to torture the teens (and well I like scenery)

30+ minutes

https://www.google.c...2d39.020775!3e2

2011: Jun: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // Nov: WIL=>WAS=>CHI=>PRO (NER=>CL=>CZ)
2012: Apr: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // May(NTD): WIL=>PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>PAO=>PHL (Keystone) // Aug: WIL=>WAS (NER) / BWI=>WIL (NER) // Oct(Gathering): PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>HAR=>PHL (Keystone) / SEPTA, NJT, PATCO, River Line, Princeton Dinky
2013: May(NTD): WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct (Gathering): WIL=>CHI (Card) / CHI=>MKE=>GLN=>CHI() / CHI=>JOL=>CHI () / CHI=>WIL(CL=>NER) / CTA, Metra. SEPTA (WIL=>NRK) // Nov:  PHL=>PHL (Autumn Express) 
2014: May(NTD):  WIL=>PHL=>WIL(NER) // May:  WIL=>BOS=>WIL(NER) day trip

2014: Oct(Gathering): WIL=>NYP=>TOL(pd-NER=>LSL) / TOL=>CHI=>LAX=>EMY(pts-LSL=>SWC=>CS) / EMY=>CHI=>TOL (pts-CZ-CL) / TOL=>WAS=>WIL(pd-CL=>NER)
2015: May: CHI=>CIN(pd-Card) / CIN=>WIL(pts Card)
2015;  Oct(Gathering):  WIL=>WAS(Acela) / ALX=>WAS(NER) / WAS=>BAL(Acela) / WAS=>WIL(NER)

2016: Mar: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct:  WIL=>NYP=>NYP=>WIL (Autumn Express) 

#50 Hal

Hal

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

The main scenery is the eight to ten lane Capital Beltway. You would have to walk thru a major, heavily trafficked interchange with Route 1 that has multiple on and off ramps of lanes merging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users