Special Excursion Planned: MSP-CHI & CHI-MSP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtabern

Conductor
Hey!

I just wanted to let everyone on AUF know about a special rail excursion planned for next month through "Friends of the 261"... which I am a member of and volunteer for. The group will be running 4 private cars on the back of #8 from MSP to CHI on Friday, May 6th... and will be running the same cars back on #7 from CHI to MSP on Sunday, May 8th. And, the cars will be on display at National Train Day in Chicago on Saturday, May 7th.

2 of the cars will of course be the Friends of the 261 premium cars... the Milwaukee Road Super Dome and the Skytop Lounge Cedar Rapids.

Prices are $189.00 one-way or $299.00 for the round-trip. I think that's really, really reasonable... $299.00 for over 800 miles in a private car... and that includes a meal prepared fresh aboard the cars.

I will be working both trips and also will be at the cars from most of the late morning and early afternoon at NTD. I have route guides prepared for everyone and will be doing some light narration of the route in the Super Dome.

I hope you'll consider joining me.

For tickets and your reservation... call 651-765-9812 between 9AM and 4PM.

For more information, check out their website here... http://www.261.com

It will be truly one of those "Once in a Lifetime" trips folks!!!!

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool: Nice Trip Rob! I'll be on the Cardinal on the way to WAS for NTD (with the_traveler),if I was going to be in CHI for sure Id be on this Train! Well be in the Metro Lounge Thursday Afternoon waiting on the Card to Board after Coming in on the TE 22. Any chance you'll be around CUS that Afternoon?? Jim

:cool: Nice Trip Rob! I'll be on the Cardinal on the way to WAS for NTD (with the_traveler),if I was going to be in CHI for sure Id be on this Train! Well be in the Metro Lounge Thursday Afternoon waiting on the Card to Board after Coming in on the TE 22. Any chance you'll be around CUS that Afternoon?? Jim
Sorry, I'll miss you! I'm actually going to ride #7 up to MSP on Wednesday afternoon/evening... visit some friends and tour around MSP on Thursday... and will be riding the private cars on the back of #8 on Friday from MSP-CHI

Back