How to Check Train Time Status?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BethChicago

Train Attendant
Taking our first trip by Amtrak, so have a lot of questions. Sorry if this is a "dumb one"!

No problem with our outbound trip from Chicago - Colorado, since the CZ originates here, so presumably, departure will be on time.

But on the way back, we'll be leaving out of Grand Junction, CO. How do we know if the train is on time? Don't want to wait 4 hours in the station if the train is seriously delayed. I swear, I've looked all over the Amtrak site and see some info on "Historical On-time Performance" but nothing on any sort of real-time tracking for the trains.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Beth,

Right on the front page of Amtrak's website under the picture of the conductor with the hat, you'll see yellow/orange tabs that says "Tickets", "Status", "Schedules", and "My Trip." Just click that "Status" tab for the latest on a train's status.

Beth,

Right on the front page of Amtrak's website under the picture of the conductor with the hat, you'll see yellow/orange tabs that says "Tickets", "Status", "Schedules", and "My Trip." Just click that "Status" tab for the latest on a train's status.

Just put in the train number, the station code and the current ETA/ETD will come up.

If you can text on a cell phone, you can text to 41411 the following info.... amtrakstatus stn code train# ...example would look like this amtrakstatus chi 29

you will get answer in a few seconds.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an idiot.

Thanks everyone! And v. helpful on the text tip too - that may be easier if my internet connection is spotty.

BLL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back