Capitol running very late today

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmoboi

OBS Chief
EB Capitol LTD is running at least 4 hours behind today. It departed Pittsburgh station at about 9:10am. Is there weather going on that would have held it that long?

The CZ is running 9 hours late! At one point it was over 10 hours!! :wacko: Besides 4 hours is nothing but normal for the Cap in the winter time...
I'm just not used to seeing the CL pass me on my morning commute into the office. (my office overlooks Pittsburgh Amtrak Station). Sometimes I'll see the PAer when she's running late, but I never see Superliners, so it made me do a double take.

PAer would be Pennsylvaniaer... You mean PAian or something.

Last night it was well below freezing in this part of Ohio, and there's no less than four switching points between CLE and PGH, heck 30 has to cross two switches to even pick up people at the ALC platform. That's where i would start, frozen switches, then equip breakdown and failure...

Is Capitol Limited typically always late? Year round? I am on that train this coming July.

It left Chicago almost two hours late and got worse the entire trip. I'm taking a quick round-trip between Cleveland and DC on the 6th. If it would be that late, I'd barely get to Pittsburgh before having to start back if it's that late. I've done the same trip maybe four times and have never had to detrain before DC to get make the return connection.

Is Capitol Limited typically always late? Year round? I am on that train this coming July.
I'd say it's pretty rare. I take the Capitol Limited several times a year (Chicago-Washington and back) and I'm almost aways within 15 minutes of my arrival time.

The Eastbound Lake Shore Limited was several hours late also.

It came through Mentor, Ohio about 10:10 AM

Mrs RRB & I will be on that same Cap Ltd 30 train with rile42 on 2/6 and making a connection with the 97 later that day. :giggle:

Lots of layover time in DC if its on time, but sure hoping the CL isnt seven hours late that day :eek:

Ready for Winter to End :(

just booked tickets for the Cap from PGH to CHI second week of Feb. So excited.

Mrs RRB & I will be on that same Cap Ltd 30 train with rile42 on 2/6 and making a connection with the 97 later that day. :giggle:

Lots of layover time in DC if its on time, but sure hoping the CL isnt seven hours late that day :eek:

Ready for Winter to End :(
Day before yesterday the Cap was 6:20 late, and they held 97 for a X platform transfer. I talked to some of the PAX from 30, and they said the crew did a "........less than admirable job........" of informing them WHY they were late. All I heard him say was they had engine trouble, then the crew "died" from too many hours, and they had to wait almost an hour for a relief crew.......Sounded like a mess.

However, I agree with others, I ride the Cap 2-3 X a year, and I've NEVER been more than 15 mins late, and few times early.

Chances are good you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back