6,000 passengers in SEVEN-HOUR queue stretching 1.2 miles

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DET63

Conductor
as snow and ice cripples Eurostar

•  
  • Thousands of passengers who had queued for five hours told to come back at 3am tomorrow
  • Salvation Army serves hot drinks to freezing travellers

Thousands of Eurostar passengers joined giant queues and were forced to wait for up to seven hours today as the Channel Tunnel rail link was thrown into disarray.

Police were forced to turn away some passengers after the freezing weather conditions ruined journeys at London’s St Pancras station as speed restrictions and cancellations affected the service.

About 6,000 travellers endured freezing temperatures as queues snaked through the main terminal and out into the street stretching to an estimated length of 1.2 miles.
Read more

Last edited by a moderator:
Eurostar struggles and Heathrow Airport running at just a fraction of its capacity. Not a good time to be traveling into or out of the UK right now.

That's the British stiff upper lip.. stand in line for 7 hours in freezing weather! (Mind you, I guess a lot of passengers were foreigners trying to head south.)

I thought St Pancras Station looked magnificent, the Gothic light brown building near the top left of the picture.. side view like that is not often seen.

Weather here is very cold, they say the coldest temperatures for many years.

I flew back to London Luton airport from Portugal on Friday last, feel very lucky as by Saturday most transport was stopped by snow or ice.

Where is it warmest in the USA right now, we saw pics of a frozen lighthouse there recently...?

Ed :cool:

Wats the world record for longest line?

Reminds me of "Hitchikers Guide To the Galaxy" with the scene at the prison/DMV sort of feel. "Don't worry I'll handle this. I'm British, I know how to queue up."

Back