Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

AmSnag moved to a more permanent home

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 CCC1007

CCC1007

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:16 PM

Try Google, I think it's at bike train.net or some such address.

#22 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,570 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

http://biketrain.net/amsnag/amSnag.php

#23 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,556 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:45 PM

I just fixed the redirect for Amsnag.net, should be working shortly.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#24 TrackWalker

TrackWalker

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Retired Professional TrackWalker

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:48 PM

I don't see an answer to this question. Is the Fare Watch "change time" showing at 12:09am in the Eastern time zone?

Change Date 07/03/16

Change time  12:09:37

Thanks,

TW

####

Just a couple of questions. I am currently watch my fare in Fare Watch. Unfortunately, I have missed a drop, as it happened pretty early in the morning.

According to Fare Watch the price change/update happens at 12:41am.
Is that eastern time? Fare Watch has sent me an email, but the time stamp is 05:41am (my time zone central time). So a 5 hour delay in notification? What's the best way to secure a price drop? Would it be ideal to be awake at 12:42am and manually check price? Suggestions?

#25 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,556 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:15 PM

I just fixed the redirect for Amsnag.net, should be working shortly.

Seems to be working, let me know if you have any issues.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#26 RRRick

RRRick

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Transportation history,

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Doesn't work for me. I get a warning page now !

#27 acelafan

acelafan

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

Doesn't work for me. I get a warning page now !

Looking at those messages, the site is having a problem so it's not just you.  Hopefully Paul can take a look at it.   

ASMAD - Has your train been running on time?

Amtrak Timetable Archives - PDFs since 2009

#28 KmH

KmH

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, photography

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

Amsnag #1

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'biketra1_php'@'localhost' to database 'biketra1_amsnag' in [/size]/home/biketra1/public_html/common/mysqli.php on line [/size]6
Failed to connect: localhost, biketra1_php, jackie5225, biketra1_amsnag[/size]

Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in [/size]/home/biketra1/public_html/common/mysqli.php on line [/size]53

Edited by KmH, 13 July 2017 - 03:21 PM.

1963U. S. Congress - underground trolley system • Disneyland train (1968/various other dates) • Old Tucson steam train (1969)

Amtrak: California Zephyr Coast Starlight •  Southwest ChiefSunset LimitedTexas Eagle • Illinois Zephyr

. . . . . . . Amtrak miles - 16,383, so far.

#29 RSG

RSG

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Travel, rail travel, libraries, current events

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:42 AM

Note that the address AB mentioned is for the original AmSnag, which was having issues (but is now fixed). AmSnag 2.0 has been continually working during the same time frame, at least every time I've tried to use it.

Also, for new or unfamiliar users, there is a difference between AmSnag original version and AmSnag 2.0. The latter allows for more customization and displays the total price for each selected class. The original version allows one to quickly see the difference in accommodation prices, which I personally find to be more useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users