Trainz 2009

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amtrakwolverine

Engineer
Anyone play trainz railroad world builder 2009? Why is it that in surveyor I can make the maria's pass dark and snowy like winter but when I save and do a test run it's daylight and summer? It doesn't hold. It does the same thing for the 2006 game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok figured it out. What you do is while in surveyor go to the top of the screen and hover over the buttons next to where you click quick drive until you find one that says edit session rules. Then go to start-up rules or something like that. click on that then click edit and adjust the weather.

I just picked up Trainz - Ultimate Collection as a jewel case title. I'm not sure how this compares to the 2009 edition, but I was wondering what your thoughts were about the game and what I should expect.

UTC, is really quite old now, and probably won't compare much to TS2009 or TS2010. Auran dropped support for UTC about a year ago. So I would suggest getting either Trainz Simulator 2009 World Builders Edition (what I use) or Trainz Simulator 2010 Engineers Edition. Which are both fairly new (2010 being newer). That all being said...

UTC is what I stared with many many years ago, and it is a great game for its time. however lots has changed since that game has come out.

peter

PS UTC users no longer have access to the thousands of stuff on the DLS for free. You will either need a First Class Ticket ($20/mo I believe) or a registered copy of Trainz Classics or newer.

Thanks for the information. I was hoping that the "Ultimate Collection" was more of a "Game of the Year" edition where any add-ons are already included. On the plus side at least it will give me an overall look at the game and if I enjoy it I can keep an eye out for the newer editions. I actually had the simulator that Micro$oft put out years ago, but from what I recall with that one it was only about driving the trains, there wasn't any management or building capabilities.

I'll try to drop a note back here when I get it up and running but I'm slightly backed up with software at the moment and don't have as much time as I would like to play them.

the version of 2009 WB edition is full of errors the sd70 locos are missing wheels some of the activity's are not in English 2006 is better.

the version of 2009 WB edition is full of errors the sd70 locos are missing wheels some of the activity's are not in English 2006 is better.
sounds like someone never patched, or tried to download any new content for it... 2006 is no longer supported by Auran, only TC, 09, 10.

peter

I did a few of the patches etc and updates but it didn't fix the missing wheels on the sd70 you had houses in the middle of tracks hills in the middle of the tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I didn't mean that the patches would fix the sd70. I was referring to the unmentioned (until now) 'other errors'. For the SD70 I was suggesting that you look into addon content from places like: www.jointedrail.com www.uslw.com www.rrmods.net www.sporbust.com

As for the buildings and hills in the routes, I only know of one route that is built in that has this; the Harlem Line, which truthfully isn't a really good route in the first place. There are plenty of other routes for free that you can download and addon.

I think basically what I'm saying is 'yes, most the built-in stuff is crap, but that isn't the point of Trainz. You can very easily make & download thousands of free stuff at a much better quality then whats provided.'

peter

Back