4 replies to this topic

#1 Sbaitso

Sbaitso

Service Attendant

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

The North Carolina Transportation Museum is running a couple of scenic train trips from Spencer, NC (with an additional pickup in Greensboro, NC) to Roanoke, VA as well as a trip from Spencer, NC to Asheville, NC. The trips are on October 30th and 31st respectively.

For more information check out their web site at North Carolina Transportation Museum.

#2 me_little_me

me_little_me

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

The North Carolina Transportation Museum is running a couple of scenic train trips from Spencer, NC (with an additional pickup in Greensboro, NC) to Roanoke, VA as well as a trip from Spencer, NC to Asheville, NC. The trips are on October 30th and 31st respectively.

For more information check out their web site at North Carolina Transportation Museum.

I think the passengers should not be allowed to disembark in Asheville until the state comes through with the promised Amtrak service they promised would come in 2005. Since the museum is run by the state, we should blacken the train windows so they can't see any fall leaves.

#3 Guest_George Harris_*

Guest_George Harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

I think the passengers should not be allowed to disembark in Asheville until the state comes through with the promised Amtrak service they promised would come in 2005. Since the museum is run by the state, we should blacken the train windows so they can't see any fall leaves.

The logic of this excapes me completely. I would think the views along the run would encourage the people riding this train to put pressure on the legislature to make things happen.

Right now, the jump in ridership with the addition of the third train should in itself make the state think adding trains is a good idea.

#4 me_little_me

me_little_me

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

The logic of this excapes me completely. I would think the views along the run would encourage the people riding this train to put pressure on the legislature to make things happen.

Right now, the jump in ridership with the addition of the third train should in itself make the state think adding trains is a good idea.

Sarcasm escapes you?

#5 George Harris

George Harris

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
  • Interests:Track, construction, schedules

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:37 PM

Sarcasm escapes you?

I missed the tone of voice in your typing. :D

Reply to this topic